Double Trouble lol!

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
Hi to anyone who remembers me and all the newbies too :)

I lost 2 1/2 stone last year on cd and kept most of it off! I went on holiday at the beginning of September for 2 weeks and managed to put on a stone :cry: so decided to go see my cdc again and get the weight back off, my OH also decided he should lose a bit so he came to see cdc with me!

We both got weighed in at 12 stone 12lbs (and a bit) :eek: which as he is an inch taller than me puts him at an advantage on the bmi points lol!!! We don't have much to lose, OH 19lbs and me 26lbs

Anyway, we had our first weigh in on Monday, I lost 7 1/2 pounds and he lost 7lbs so we now both weight 12 st 5lbs (and a bit) which is great, we are both doing add a meal so he is on 810 and I am on ss+ which is working really well. So only 12lbs for OH and 19lbs for me now.

Here comes the problem... I had bad gallbladder pains in April and got put on the waiting list for surgery, I was told it would be end sept/beginning oct when I would have it but they are so behind with the waiting list I was told it may be Dec which was ok for me as it meant I could start back on cd, lose 1 1/2 stone and then have the op.

But - I have been given my date and it is in 5 weeks time! What should I do regarding cd? Am I supposed to come off the diet in plenty of time so my body is fit for surgery or will I be ok to carry on with SS+? I haven't spoken to my cdc yet as I know she will just email head office to ask them and she is going away for 3 weeks from Monday so thought I'd ask on here first!

Also, after I have the op, if I'm on ss+ can I stay on it or should I have a break? I'm not sure what the official guidelines are but has anyone gone through it and could you offer me advice if you have! Plus any advice on how you feel afterwards, I have my in-laws coming to look after the kids while I go in to hospital but when will I be able to do stuff, ie housework, drive etc, any advice greatly received!

Thanks
Stacey

hi , I had my gallbladder out last week :) you need to do 1200 for 2 weeks prior to your op and eat a normal diet for 12 weeks after , those are the official guidelines to make sure your body heals itself well .
I have made the decision to start back on ss as soon as my body is healed ( i am thinking 4 weeks after my op ) as I really dont believe that I need 12 weeks ... I too was gutted when I got my date through as i had only been back on CD for a few weeks but its not worth risking it with the anaesthetic and recovery.
CDC's are not allowed to sell you any products till 12 weeks and a Dr's fit note after your op
hope that helps a little and hope your op goes well :)

Hi

As far as I understand you need to come off it for 2 weeks before hand and then the general advice is stay off for 12 weeks afterwards (as the body needs a higher energy rate to heal properly). I'd suggest you discuss the post op period with your surgeon and be guided by his advice for this specific type of procedure.

twinkle!!! missed you girl. how you doing lady?

i am STILL trying to lose the last stone. bummer.

Back