Dr Who fans?

Elfdaughter

Just wondering if there were any more Dr Who fans out there, and if there was any last-minute speculation on who the new Doctor might be. (And don't say a Gallifreian!!). I for one will be watching the unveiling tomorrow... Anyone else, or am I just a sad geek? :p

True! Hey, did you see Billie Piper was tipped as one candidate for a while? I seriously hope she doesn't get it! I think Daniel Rigby might do well. He was brilliant as the young Eric Morcame. I think the current favourite is Peter Capaldi, though. I'm not sure about him - I know he was amazing in Torchwood, and he's been in Dr Who before (Fires of Pompeii, I think). Someone mentioned to me that he's no older than William Hartnell was when he was cast as the Doctor, but given how physical the role is now compared to back then, I just worry that he might not be up to it. According to IMDB, he was born in 1958, so that makes him about 55 if my maths is right.

I agree!! It would be too weird to see another character come back as the Doctor. Talk about split personalities!

So what's your verdict on Peter Capaldi? I think that it's a bit unfair to have someone who's already been in Doctor Who/Torchwood, but maybe he'll turn out to be brilliant and it wont matter!

I'm not sure, tbh. I was kind of disappointed when he was announced, I was hoping it would be another unknown, much like Matt was when he first got the role. It'll take a lot of skill to make me forget his other characters on DW and Torchwood, but I think 'll have to reserve judgement until I actually see him in the role in the new season.

Exactly!!

Back