Dress advice needed

Tomorrow I am going to look at a second hand wedding dress which is made by my dream designer and looks absolutely stunning in the photos. Assuming it's as amazing in the flesh I know I'll want to buy it. The problem is I'm currently a very large size 12 and the dress is a 10. The wedding isn't until next December so I have time to lose weight but I've never been that small before. What shoul I do? Is it foolish going with a dress that you love but may not fit?

Thanks

Hi
I think you will know when you try the dress on. I'm getting married next June and I tried dresses on in August there was one dress that I loved the look on the hanger and then when trying it on it could not do up all the way at the back. When I saw the gap I had to be realistic to myself how much weight that I could lose before next June. I decided that I did not want to put myself under to much pressure to lose that much weight. After trying on another 4 dresses I came across a dress that I wouldn't of even thought of getting. It's a little bit tight in some places but its a much more realistic weight to lose. I am hoping to lose 1st and half before I try the dress on again in April.

I think you will know when you have it on and what you think will be achievable. Go with what your heart is saying.

lets us know what the outcome is, and enjoy trying it on x x

I agree I think you will know straight away what u think :)

I was abit insane and bought a size 12 wedding dress when I was a size 22 to make sure I fitted in it and stayed fitted in it lol I'm size 14 now so not long to go :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stef2009 said:
I agree I think you will know straight away what u think :)

I was abit insane and bought a size 12 wedding dress when I was a size 22 to make sure I fitted in it and stayed fitted in it lol I'm size 14 now so not long to go :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow, congratulations on the loss!

Well I tried the dress and just got it over my hips, the zip had about 4 inches to go! It was beautiful but unfortunately for me it was too short, the lady selling it couldn't have been over 5ft!

Never mind, the quest continues.

Back