Step2 810kcal Dry frying

Cooking Chicken

Hi

i could never cook chicken this way despite fancy non stick pans so I bought an electric steamer from Argos for £9.99 and its been a lifesaver

my CD rep. gave me a tip of using half a tomato soup sachet and mixing it with a few tablespoons of hot water to make up a sauce and that tastes pretty good on plain bland chicken - I convince myself it's Italian style :)

would be great if anyone can post some inventive ideas for the sachets please!

Hi all I presume that dry frying chicken is okay while on step 2?

Waaw that's a fantastic idea with the soup. I'm only on step 2 for one week as ive done 12 weeks on SS but I'll be going back down after this week. Moving up a step is sooo scary and completely knocked me out of my routine not had as much water as I usually do. I've had the 2.25L but I normally have about 4L and only managed 3 today and the milk is hard to fit in but I not too worried about getting the milk in everyday.

Ypud imagine having fried chicken would be such a nice meal but being fry friend I bet they are pretty bland? how was it I am allowed chicken so it may be worth while seeing how your method worked out :)

I've been really confused about this as the booklet says to cook food in a healthy way (e.g. No deep-frying) but it doesn't state that you can't shallow fry. I'd never use normal oil but have used a few sprays of Fry-light to cook my Quorn as I don't know if there was another way? Now I'm worrying as perhaps I shouldn't even be using Fry-light?

Personally, I think you're fine using FryLight. Minimal calories, no carbs and your chicken (or whatever) won't stick to the pan. Put it this way, I do it when I'm on SS+/810.

Thank you Lily! I got in touch with CDC straight after I posted this and she also confirmed that a few sprays are fine :)

I actually put a little water in my wok to 'fry' chicken and found this works well and keeps chicken really moist, no hard bits lol. Was very dubious at first but honest it is lovely.

Back