"Earning" syns

Bumblebum

Hello all

Guess I know what the answer will be, but am just wondering ...if you do a lot of exercise do you allow yourself "extra" syns??

I know its best to just exercise and capitalise on the weight loss, was just wondering.

Thanks!

Bumblebum

Nope - what is the point of that - after all its only yourself that you would be cheating at the end of the day

If I am hungry after exercising I eat free foods as I would not want to undo all the good work I had just done

if you allow extra syns for exercise, you proberly wouldnt loose.. and whats the point in exericising for no results? thats maddness :D

the reason ww allow you to 'earn' points, is becos your portions are restricted, so youd need the extra food. You dont need that will all the unlimited carbs and meats, at the syn allowance sw gives you xxx

No I dont allow myself anymore syns for exercising. I would rather hope that the exercise would maximise my weightloss & I'd reach my target faster..sorry I know thats not what you wanted to hear

Ideally after exercise you should eat some protein (chicken, meat, tuna, eggs, quorn) after exercise and they are free...right?

OK, get the message guys!:eek: Like I said, I figured that would be the answer, and I can see the sense in exercising to maximise weightloss. Just need to get out of the mindset from th last "diet" i was on - calories earnt = calories to eat!

Sorry to sound like an idiot!:(:eek:

Actually I think this is something you need to be mindful of, especially as people often report slow down of losses with an increase of exercise. For example, if you ate 12-1500 cals of free and superfree and syns etc over a day- and then burnt off 500 cals at the gym, then you are potentially putting yourself at risk of being pushed into starvation mode.

What I would do personally, is not award extra syns, but monitor what happens for a little while and maybe up the portion sizes of your free and superfree if your losses slow up / plateau.

OK, get the message guys!:eek: Like I said, I figured that would be the answer, and I can see the sense in exercising to maximise weightloss. Just need to get out of the mindset from th last "diet" i was on - calories earnt = calories to eat!

Sorry to sound like an idiot!:(:eek:

Yes I think its WW that allows you to earn extra for exercising.

I usually exercise a lot and generally take 15/20 syns as an average so I have eaten more than allowed and lost weight thanks to the exercise. That said, the less I have to lose, the less I can get away with the extra syns so I will stop the extra (that's the plan anyway).

Back