Easter Egg Chocolate

sunshine24

Happy Easter to all.

I am getting really frustrated coz I can't seem to find the information I'm after anywhere :-(

I basically have Cadbury Easter eggs that I want to separate the shell into a weighed amount so I can keep track of my syns. I'm finding all sorts of Easter related syn information but not for the shells. I've read that 28g of Cadbury chocolate is 7.5 syns but this was from a post from 3 years ago. Can anyone confirm this or add any further advice?

Thanks in advance

Does it have the calorie content on the box? If so, I normally work it around 1 syn per 20 calories and just do the maths from there. My SW councellor bought a standard size easter egg into group last week and said it was 27 syns just for the egg (excluding extras such as bars inside) but it might have been bigger/smaller than yours so I guess that isn't much help!

It doesn't matter what the brand is etc as the post above said its 1 syn for 20kcals.

But if it helps my 106g cadburys egg worked out to be 26.5 syns for the egg alone, it was one of those £1 eggs that comes with flake, mini egg or creme egg.

Thanks for all your responses. I'll just go with the 1 syns for 20 kcal and work it out from there. Thank you

I was telling my sw consultant about the 1 syn per 20 kcals theory and she wasn't very keen. She didn't support that theory and said it could be hiding extra syns or doing me out of syns! Not sure what other consultants views are but she was fairly strong about this one. Just thought I'd pass the info on but thanks for your responses.

Hmm. That's what the slimming world website recommends when they don't have the info on their syn search or you don't have enough info for the syn calculator. It specifies that if there isn't any free food involved its pretty much 200 kcal for 10 syns, so 20kcal for 1 syn.

Using 1 syn per 20 calories for foods with no free food allowance is 100% accurate. It is exactly the same way it is worked on on the syns calculator when no free food is selected. So You wouldn't be under of over estimating on any syns. Of course if a food does have a free food allowance then you must use the syns calculator. Chocolate however does not contain any free food, so 1 syn for 20 calories applies

even when i emailed they told me to go off the 1 syn per 20kcal rule UNLESS is has a free food allowance....and chocolate doesn't so its the 1syn per 20kcal.

Thanks for your replies. It definitely seems like a legitimate way to syn things with no free food and as you say SW have said it themselves! Hmmm don't know why my C was so against it, very strange. Thanks for the advice, I'll carry on using the rule :)

Back