Eaten a Kit Kat - feel yuk!

Rattybabe

Just goes to show how quickly your body get used to healthy eating! I had a bit of a choccy craving, so decided to treat myself to a Kit kat from the vending machine at work. I decided to blow my syns for the day and have all 4 fingers, but now I feel totally sick and yukky! :(

Will be getting some low syn treats tonight when I go shopping and sticking to those in future!!

Have you been on SW long?
A lot of people I've talked to said its not only for weight loss but a life style change.
I've only been on it 5 days. Still enjoying it tho.

I think it's a fallacy that you lose the taste for fatty/sugary foods. If it were true, people would stick to healthy eating forever and wouldn't put any weight back on. I've been doing SW this time round, for just under a year and enjoyed every bite of the Kitkat I had last night! From your stats, it looks as though you have been following SW for a couple of weeks, so you're probably in the 'honeymoon phase'. Wait 'til you've been doing it for a couple of years and believe me, those Kitkats will taste like nectar!

I think it's a fallacy that you lose the taste for fatty/sugary foods. If it were true, people would stick to healthy eating forever and wouldn't put any weight back on. I've been doing SW this time round, for just under a year and enjoyed every bite of the Kitkat I had last night! From your stats, it looks as though you have been following SW for a couple of weeks, so you're probably in the 'honeymoon phase'. Wait 'til you've been doing it for a couple of years and believe me, those Kitkats will taste like nectar!

Oh don't get me wrong - I'm a serial dieter, so I know it's too easy to get the taste back, and I certainly did enjoy it! It's just made me feel sick afterwards! My tummy is very sensitive to dietry changes, and I always feel better when I eat healthily - I just need to remember that before I fall off the wagon again!

I don't think its a fallacy that your body changes and you can't handle fatty foods again, as we've all been in the position where we've eaten lots of naughty things and felt sick after. The problem is its easy to get back into eating the fatty foods. Are bodies quickly adapt to healthy food and feel bad when we have fatty food, but if we carry on eating the fatty food they also quickly adapt back that way.

Rattybabe said:
Oh don't get me wrong - I'm a serial dieter, so I know it's too easy to get the taste back, and I certainly did enjoy it! It's just made me feel sick afterwards! My tummy is very sensitive to dietry changes, and I always feel better when I eat healthily - I just need to remember that before I fall off the wagon again!

Maybe its a good thing that your tummy is sensitive, means you might enjoy "healthier" chocolate?

I went to nandos about a month back and decided to be a pig and get a dessert and I felt sick afterwards too!!

I find the 2 finger kitkats enough, and also the bags of funsize cadbury chocs which are all around 75 cals.

Don't feel bad just sin it and you still have a great weight loss I find the sw hifi bars do me keep me off the chocs if not tryed rocy roads have a try yum yum

I had a Gingernut biscuit last week, first biscuit in 2 months...unfortunatly it was every bit as delicious as I thought it would be! :giggle:

Back