Eating out - safe foods

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys

What are your safe foods when eating out I'm looking from either a red or green day perspective please.

I'm going away for a few days and wanna know what kinda things you guys recommend as safe as such xx

I usually try to stick to grilled steak or chicken served with jacket potato and salad, although I always ask that they do not add any butter or dressings to the salad.

If it's just a lunchtime snack, I'll have either jacket potato with beans on a green day, or a ham salad sandwich or something on red days. As long as I ask for no butter, I don't really worry too much about the bread being synned rather than hexb.

Michelle

Depends on the type of restaurant you are going to. You just need to use some common sense - we all know the foods and cooking methods that make the syns mount up so avoid these eg cheese, cream, oils, fried foods etc. You can ask for foods to be prepared the way you want them eg grilled without fat instead of fried, or ask for sauces on the side so you control how much you have. As said there is a whole sub-forum devoted to the art of eating out so take a look there as well.

So difficult for me to eat out. I am doing mainly red days, but I dont like salad or veg! Bit stuck really, so we havent really eaten out since I started S W. Think hubby is very good, but perhaps getting a little fed up now with me saying I dont want to eat out coz I will gain on a Monday when weighed!

Why not have an extra easy day for the day you're going out? It makes things a bit easier when you are eating out. :) Just for one day and then back on the R &G for the rest.

I could do ee for that meal but I find it difficult to maintain it throughout the day - Spose u could go for salad and steak or salmon or even a chinese chow mein!! Xx

Why would you find it difficult to maintain EE for the day? It really is extra easy, though!

I tried it when I first started sw but I could loose on it dont think I ate enough sf foods x

Couldn't even x

Oh! But then again if it's only for one day, it'll make very little difference overall, no?

You could get a steak or fish - I think these are the best bets because, as mentioned above, you can specify how you would like them cooked. Usually the fish will come with a sauce, so again, as mentioned, ask for it without the sauce, or ask if you can have the sauce served separately.

Most dishes like this come with potatoes of your choice, so just tell the server that instead of the side of potatoes, could you have some extra salad (they'll usually knock a bit off the bill for you too)

Or you could have a jacket potato and salad. These are usually just microwaved, but make sure to ask them not to put any butter or oil on the potato. Get this with cheese and salad and take most of the cheese off.

Today was the road trip for my naughty "weekend" away midweek lol

I packed leftover meatloaf and sw quiche with pineapple melon and grapes for me for the journey down. Whilst the oh tucked into bk!!

But I've realised I only feel jealous whilst ordering but I was completely satisfied once we were eating.

So breakfast
Shreddies heb
Milk hea

Step aerobics

Brunch
Scrambled eggs on toast heb and for milk

Then road trip
Meatloaf
Sw quiche (bacon and ham)
Pineapple and grapes

And here is where I failed

Ordered a salad at dinner in a Mexican.
As I hadn't used my syns thought I would share some chicken nachos with the oh as an appetiser 12.5syns !!!!! Omg I didn't realise that High!!
Salad itself free - but the grilled chicken "with no dressing" was covered in a spicey Mexican type Mayo - it was horrid so barely ate any of it so syned as 4 for the few tastes I did try.
With the salad came garlic bread - I've synned 11.
Then I also had some chocolate fudge cake!! Which was 13.5 with a scoop of ice-cream 5 more syns.

So in total 45!

I then I felt so bad I went down to the hotel pool and swam lengths for 30minutes (and jumped in the jacuzzi and steam room afterall I am on holiday!!

Does anyone think I can pull it back for Monday?! I had 20 syns tue 5 we'd and I'll try to reduce sat and sun once I'm home?! Xx

You could get a steak or fish - I think these are the best bets because, as mentioned above, you can specify how you would like them cooked. Usually the fish will come with a sauce, so again, as mentioned, ask for it without the sauce, or ask if you can have the sauce served separately.

Most dishes like this come with potatoes of your choice, so just tell the server that instead of the side of potatoes, could you have some extra salad (they'll usually knock a bit off the bill for you too)

Or you could have a jacket potato and salad. These are usually just microwaved, but make sure to ask them not to put any butter or oil on the potato. Get this with cheese and salad and take most of the cheese off.
Yes but my trouble is I dont like salad, so its very limiting. And I also dont like mixed up veg, only toms,onions, and mushrooms. So as you can see, I am a proper pain in the eating dept!

I could do ee for that meal but I find it difficult to maintain it throughout the day - Spose u could go for salad and steak or salmon or even a chinese chow mein!! Xx
Thanks for the post but I am proper fussy and dont like salad, so difficult.

The superfree foods I have are mostly fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Love that, but with the veg thing that is why I stick to mainly red with a little green.And shrimpy, you have done brilliantly well done!

Back