EE suggestions for a chinese takeaway please

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Hello

I'm having my second EE day (not finding it that easy to be honest lol!!!) but after finishing work at 7 tonight I am kind of thinking a Chinese takeaway will be a good idea!

What would be an appropriate meal to have please, does anyone have any suggestions??

Many thanks in advance

x

Are you thinking of doing your own meal? Or are you thinking take away?

Hello
Yes I am! Northwich.....where are you?

I am definitely getting a take away! I'm not much of a cook!! :cry:

x

Hey Northwich! That is where I originate from, and hubby too. Live in Warrington now, just a stone throw from you. Well I used to live in Cuddington during my childhood, hubby lived in Barnton. Small world isnt it? Believe the chow mein type dishes and black bean sauce are not too bad syn wise, I love sweet and sour chicken or pork with boiled rice. Yes not the best, not had one for about 3 months now, my halo is so shiny! LOL

Hi,

I normally have a chow mein (half of one is about 4 syns) and special fried rice (half of one is about 4.5 syns) Sweet and sour sauce is 1 syn per tablespoon and then sometimes duck in plum sauce (remove skin from duck) yum x

thank you both very much!

I am having chow mein - I'd forgotten how much I used to enjoy it, it is ordered now can't wait!! :)

x

Hey

I have a chicken chow mein, but i love take aways so much as they r quite rare for me i'll eat as much as I can of what they give. So i think a full version is bout 7.5syns so Ive read. I checked in my old syn book and it looks by far the least syn value x

One thing I would say is make sure you weigh it, I used to count my chow mien as the standard 7 or so syns but out of interest one night weighed it and it was double what the sw book said. It was served in the long silver tray. I still have one after each WI though!!

:eek: no way!! I've been doing the same thing lol, not just with chinease takeaways but with indians aswell :/
defiently going to weigh them from now on

Oh double pants and me....still at least my weight loss hasnt suffered too much.

xx

Sorry, but you said your second day of EE - does that mean your second day of slimming world? Or are you switching to EE after doing Red/green days?

The reason I ask, a few things in your post worry me: "not finding it that easy to be honest" " I am definitely getting a takeaway, I'm not much of a cook"

If it is your second day on Slimming World entirely and you are already getting a takeaway - isnt that a worrying trend to be setting? Yes you can enjoy things like take-aways in moderation, but you should aim to make this a treat not the norm, otherwise you will find it difficult to eat a varied and balanced diet within syns and not leave yourself feeling deprived throughout the day or the rest of the week.

You say you arent much of a cook - I would say that in order to to SW succesfully you need to be able to cook a bit - but ANYBODY can cook - once you try it you'll find it really isnt hard - just look at the tonnes of recipes on here - there's loads and most are really easy.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick - its just looking for takeaway ideas on the second day of starting a healthy eating plan really doesnt sit right with me.

Sorry, but you said your second day of EE - does that mean your second day of slimming world? Or are you switching to EE after doing Red/green days?

The reason I ask, a few things in your post worry me: "not finding it that easy to be honest" " I am definitely getting a takeaway, I'm not much of a cook"

If it is your second day on Slimming World entirely and you are already getting a takeaway - isnt that a worrying trend to be setting? Yes you can enjoy things like take-aways in moderation, but you should aim to make this a treat not the norm, otherwise you will find it difficult to eat a varied and balanced diet within syns and not leave yourself feeling deprived throughout the day or the rest of the week.

You say you arent much of a cook - I would say that in order to to SW succesfully you need to be able to cook a bit - but ANYBODY can cook - once you try it you'll find it really isnt hard - just look at the tonnes of recipes on here - there's loads and most are really easy.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick - its just looking for takeaway ideas on the second day of starting a healthy eating plan really doesnt sit right with me.

Hi
thanks for your reply.
No, it was my second day of trying EE, not of SW, I am much more disciplined than that!! :)

As for cooking, believe me, at a couple of months off the age of 49, I am not a cook!! lol!

thanks
x

Back