Eeeek day one and a temptation already

AmyLeonard

Hi everyone.

My house mates have just informed me that there having take away tonight,

I really don't want my first day on the plan to be ruined :(

Any ideas on what i can make myself, so i can feel like im fitting in with them but without buying a take away

Im having a green day. thank you xx

It depends completely what kind of takeaway you want. There are loads of recipes on the recipes sub forum so have a look there. I think you're also a member of a slimming world group so have a look on the sw website for some more options.

Depending on how many syns you have left you could probably have a takeaway - chinese is especially low syn.

Depending on your syns, you might be able to manage a take away - boiled rice from the Chinese/Indian is free, and then a tomato based veg curry (ask them to cook it with less oil, most will), or a veg egg foo yung or something would not be too bad (maybe 8 or 9 syns?)

Veggie stir fry if they're going chinese? Veggie curry if indian?

there going to the local chicksters.

Ive put on some SW chips

im already incredibly jealous

bad times tho xx

Try making the Slimming World KFC style chicken at the weekend for a bit of a treat :)

SW chips are such a treat! I hope you enjoy them and enjoy the feeling of sticking to it while your friends fatten up on a takeaway :)

Enjoy that feeling of smugness - it's what gets me round the supermarket without buying loads of naughty stuff lol x

Someone at work was bandying around a tin of chocs today but I managed to stay firm, that feeling is much better than the one of guilt/anger at giving in. Stick with it, good luck!

Someone at work was bandying around a tin of chocs today but I managed to stay firm, that feeling is much better than the one of guilt/anger at giving in. Stick with it, good luck!

Also when you do give in, it's far too easy to think "sod it, I've done it now" and then do worse.

Every time you're tempted, just think what will feel better - the second of a taste in your mouth or seeing those numbers drop at weigh in. Which do you want more?

I also find concentrating on something disgusting about food others are eating helps put me off. Like watching the grease ooze out of a KFC when it's bitten in to. Gross!

Good luck!

Have you tried the Mushy Pea Curry yet? It's lovely, and you can't taste the Mushy Peas at all! It tastes more like a "chip shop" style curry sauce. This is how I make mine:

- In a pan with FryLight, fry off some chicken breast pieces and onion (you could add any extra veg you like - peppers, mushrooms, etc)

- Add to the pan 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes and 1 can of Mushy Peas. Stir well and leave to bubble

- Add curry powder to taste and serve with rice/noodles. Voi la! Delicious :drool:

Just before serving, I also stir in a Coconut MullerLight yogurt. It really makes the curry taste like a Korma!

Why not give it a try next time your housemates are ordering in :) xx

Back