Egg? Does it effect ketosis

nab

Hi everyone,
I wonder if anyone know that does boiled egg effect ketosis. As my consultant told me that I can have boiled egg with SS.

Hey hun,my understanding is that on a vlcd you go into ketosis,and you go into ketosis by either restricting calories or carbs,so if you were on Atkins you can eat as many boiled eggs as you want,but as you're on Cambridge shakes which contain carbs all you're doing is increasing your calories,so you probably wouldn't stay in ketosis,that's not saying you wouldn't lose weight as you're still eating less calories than you would have been before starting Cambridge,but being in ketosis burns fat a lot quicker,a couple of eggs shouldn't hurt though,hope this helped xx

i had 2 scrambled eggs yesterday and think i went into ketosis today as ive never felt better, oh and have nasty breath! but yeah eggs are carb free so shouldnt do too much harm- worth a double check though x

Hi,
thanks you all. I only had one shake and 1 boiled egg today so hope it would not effect too much. Also i went to the wedding today and managed to control myself but food was looking very yummy.

You're perfectly safe eating eggs. They won't affect ketosis

Back