egg with/without yoke and butternut squash

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
How many points are eggs and if I'm doing omlettes or scrabbled egg I'm gonna try using less yoke. How many points is the white part on its own.

Also know most veg are not pointed but some are, so what about butternut squash as I'm now adding it to my mash to make the portion seem bigger...

Eggs are 2pp each if you have just Egg whites you can have 4 for 1pp if you don't want to waste the yolks you can get dried egg whites in the bakery section of supermarkets
butternut squash is zero points, what does that taste like as only tried mashed swede so far and gets boring
Corinne

Eggs are 2pp each if you have just Egg whites you can have 4 for 1pp if you don't want to waste the yolks you can get dried egg whites in the bakery section of supermarkets
butternut squash is zero points, what does that taste like as only tried mashed swede so far and gets boring
Corinne

Butternut squash is yummy :) only thing is it is a pain to peel....easier to just cut one in half and roast it then scoop out the middle :D I use it instead of potato now :)

Thanks Cori

Never really tried butternut squash on its own, always with something else. You can buy it in small pieces in a bag along with sweet potato, very tasty...

You can buy butternut squash already cut on its own (according to my mum) in local supermarkets.

I got a big box of it from Costco for under 2quid. Big pieces I just cut a lot smaller and put in the pan with the potatoes and cook together (pieces need to be smaller then the potato pieces as the butternut does take longer to soften) .

Butternut squash gets a little watery after cooked so when I add the butter to the mash I do it over heat to get rid of some of that excess liquid.

Sorry for the long post, again thank you.

Think I am going to have to give this a go sounds good if I can just half it and stick it in the oven, can't put in with potatoes as son can't deal with food mixed together :)

Back