Eggs

jennikay

Gold Member
How many points are in eggs?
Please say it's not many :p

And is there a weekly limit on them?

Thanks x

be VERY careful with eggs!! make sure and check the points on every brand u buy bcause i bought med ones in tescos and they were 2points per egg...now i no its not a big thing but if ya can find the ones for 1.5 why not get them ones and then also ur not actually going over ur points by an extra hidden half point!!

I don't get it - how can the same size eggs be different points depending on what brand of box it's put in?!!!

you can bulk out things like scrambled egg or omlettes by using extra egg white as they are no points. I often use one complete egg, plus one egg white.

I don't get it - how can the same size eggs be different points depending on what brand of box it's put in?!!!

well its like everything really!! like for eg potato waffles in aldi i think it is are 1.5 each, but in tescos they are 2 (i hope im right on the shop names but no there is a diff!!!)

It might be the size, although you'd think one person's medium egg would be the same as another's - I dunno.

I love eggs, I'm so glad they're a core food - means I can buy the really big ones. Yum :)

I can understand it on things like waffles as they're actually

Sorry - something up with my computer!!!

I was going to say:

I can understand it on things like waffles as they're actually manufactured, so the ingredients may vary between brands - but it's like saying that 100g of chicken breast from tesco is different to 100g of chicken breast from Waitrose!!!

ye i can understand the confusion, i dunno there is obviously a size difference in them but the 2 are classed as a med egg!!

Sad i know but i weighed my egg the other day lol and it was 70g and that was meant to be tesco medium eggs...now WW clas a medium egg as 55g and that 1.5pts so mine was over and some eggs were as much as 90g......i really need to get out more!!

Sad i know but i weighed my egg the other day lol and it was 70g and that was meant to be tesco medium eggs...now WW clas a medium egg as 55g and that 1.5pts so mine was over and some eggs were as much as 90g......i really need to get out more!!

thanks u put what i was trying to get across in better words xx lol

its so weird cause its not a big deal but if ur eating 2 eggs for brekkie ur going over with points u didnt even no bout and then if ur like me and going over points anyways then u can run into trouble!!

bringing up old thread really want to know what u girls decided on i was going to have 2x 60g eggs runny tonite for tea are they 4 points or 3 for both xx

it depends on the weight of the egg!! have u got the cals and sat fat off the box? thats the only true way of knowing which points to use!!

no hun it didnt have it i weighed it and it was 60g .. aw well done loads of exercise today without counting so i counted at 2 eggs at 3 points lol ill buy a box with the nut value on it next time xx thanks

ud never think that there can be confusion with eggs but as ya can see u really need to keep a check on the points in diff brands!!
say ull be grand though spec if ya have activity points etc!!

Back