EleriFairy is on a mission

Decided to start a diary as I need to keep myself as focussed as possible (and right now I'm off work with a yucky cold)
Went to my first S.W meeting on tuesday with my lovely girlfriend who is finally on board with the weight loss.
We've been together almost 4 years now and since being together have both piled on the pounds. We would love to get hitched someday but the idea of even looking at dresses right now is a complete no go so here I am focussed and determined to make it happen!

I almost cried when I stepped on the scales at S.W, I knew I'd got a lot bigger (4yrs ago I could get into a 10/12 I'm now a 16 at a push) but the scales were a big shock as I was almost a stone heavier than I had been expecting :eek: So here I am just over 4 1/2 stone to lose and in need of as many tips as you've got!

The first few days are going ok, I really enjoy cooking so have been filling my head with recipes that I can make but need to get better at veggies and fruit (I love it but I tend to forget about it) and need to keep on top of my healthy extras as I could quite easily forget about the B's! (although have just discovered I can have alpen light bars for this and they're on offer at sainsburys right now so may have to go and stock up!)

Full of a cold at the moment so my appetites not really there but trying to keep on track so we can both reach our goal!

Thats great that you're both going together and can support each other. Good luck for your 1st weigh in. My only tip is to write everything down that you have, especially your syns, its easy to forget something and before you know it you've gone over without realising.

Hope your cold gets better soon xx

the cold seems to be clearing which is a relief, about 5 of my syns are going on hot honey and lemon everyday!

been sat down planning meals for next week - got dinners sorted

fresh tuna and potatoes

Bacon Quarter pounders (from this months s.w mag)

quorn sausages and mash

steak and chips

Pork wrapped in Parma ham (again from s.w mag)

Just thinking about lunches now, hence my returning to this very useful site :)

Finding it hard to keep my OH motivated, she's already complaining that she feels deprived and doesn't no what to eat so despite doing it together feel like I'm going to have to drag us along for a while until she get's on board properly.

made a yummy S.W chilli last night (though messed up in buying lean mince not extra lean as it was all they had when I went shopping)not quite syn free but not too bad for us and kept within our syns for the day!

ElkeriFairy,

You seem to be making a really good start of it!! I have the same problem with the fruit and veg, I plan it in my menu and then skip it when it comes to eating it!! Must get the new magazine, a few people have mentioned recipes out of it in the last few days!!

Take care, TB

Woohoo, first weigh in last night, -4.5lb!!
Really wasn't expecting much on the scales as I have been full of a cold and drinking cough mixture and throat sweets all week but my body obviously likes the new diet yay!!!

well done on your loss that's great for a first week. Keep on plugging away at it and your OH will probably end up motivated by your losses??? that's how it works in our house anyway - my OH is eating the same as me and that is making him lose pounds as well - now that his clothes are getting looser it's inspiring him to keep a watch on what he's having - )maybe not quite as obsessively as me but then that's my personality not his). Anyway good luck for next weeks losses too xxx

Well done hun. Thats a great 1st loss xx

Back