Em's mission to live up to the username!

I'm feeling chuffing awful today. My cold is trying to turn into a chesty cough but it's just making it hard to breathe at the moment.

I'm meant to go round to my mum's with my brother later today. He wants to go out for dinner or order takeout so I need to come up with some options to stay on plan.

I went out last night but I drove so I stuck to diet coke all night. We did cuddle up with a box of chocolates though so that's another 9 syns to add to yesterday's total (25/105).

Breakfast today is a very naughty feeling crusty bacon roll for 1.5 syns! Bacon with fat removed, WW Petit Pain (HexB) with 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn) and a tsp extra light mayo (round up to 0.5 syns). And my usual large coffee with semi-skimmed (1 syn).

Not sure on the rest of the day so I'll update later.

I'm kicking myself for not coming back to SW sooner. I'm only in my second week but I'm seeing such a difference in myself already. I'm still buzzing about breaking that barrier to get into the 10s and suddenly getting close to 10st for Christmas feels like a real possibility! I can definitely get to target before wedding dress shopping next year. It's just down to me!

Food for today:

B: Bacon in WW Petit Pain (HexB) with 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn) and 1tsp lighter than light mayo (0.5 syns), coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn)
L: Chicken tikka pieces with 2 melted Babybels (HexA) and rocket salad.
D: Chinese takeaway - 360g beef in blackbean sauce (5 syns) with steamed rice
S: Maltesers reindeer (8 syns - from my mummy!)

Syns: 15.5 taking me to 40.5/105 for the week

My mum had a good chuckle! I was in such a panic about getting in - and I didn't realise I could see through the eye covers either! Totally wasted the first few minutes. Monday's will go better!

I really fancied going for a nice carvery somewhere today but OH and I need to get stuff washed and start packing for HOLIDAY!!! We leave on Weds but I can see work being long and busy. Safer to do a SW friendly roast anyway!

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB), mullerlight, mixed berries
L/D: Roast lamb with frylight roast potatoes and sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts with fat-trimmed bacon, roast broccoli, cauliflower and 1/4 pint Bisto gravy granules (2 syns)
Syns: Options hot choc (2 syns) with 250ml semi-skimmed (HexA) and 3 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (9 syns)

Aaahhhhhh holidayyyyyy!!!

Hi em. How u feeling today chick? I did have to lol at the sunbed story reminded me a little of the episode of friends with ross when he gets his spray tan!

Fab news about the date, when did u guys go for?

So jel of your hols, always amazes me tho all the work we have to do to get a couple of weeks off!

Get what u mean about thinking should have done it sooner too i always think that when it comes to special occassions like xmas and stuff xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Thanks, Jo! I'm feeling much better, although a little bit stuffy still. OH was joking that I look like Ross in reverse as my back has a much nicer colour than my front! Oops! I'll get it right tonight..!

We're all booked in for Saturday 23rd May 2015! We've got the second bank holiday weekend so people can chill out and hang around to see us. Then I think we'll head to the Cotswolds for a minimoon. We should be all set up in a house by this time next year so we won't really need home stuff for a wedding list - we're planning to ask for contributions to our honeymoon because we want to go and see the orangutans in Borneo!

I'm looking forward to a proper break. I haven't taken more than 3 days off in a row since I started here back in 2009. I think relaxing by a pool for a week is exactly what I need. I'm currently trying to write up my evidence for my mid-year review. I have to write 1000 words on my progress against my objectives and 1200 words against my key skills! It's madness.

I forgot to total up yesterday's syns - 13 for the day taking me to 53.5/105 so far for the week.

Today's food:
B: Mullerlight with blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and cherries, coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn)
S: Merryteaser reindeer (8 syns)
L: WW Petit pain (HexB) with melted reduced fat cheddar (HexA), tomato puree and Marmite, 2 clementines
D: Tesco Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy (1.5 syns) with celeriac mash, broccoli and cauliflower
And probably a Turkish Delight Mullerlight thrown in there somewhere!

Syns: 10.5 for the day taking me to 64/105 for the week. Plenty saved for dinner at my dad's tomorrow!

Last edited:
Aaaahhhhhh today will just not go fast enough!! I just want to be on holiday. OH has the day off today and he's doing my head in ringing me at work to check stuff! We've left it to the last minute to get currency (it shouldn't be too much of a problem because it's dollars) and we're hoping my dad with be able to sort some at a good exchange rate as he works in insurance in London. OH rings me and says if my dad doesn't get back to him then we'll just pick some up at the airport - which is the absolute worst place to go! I've had to tell him to give my dad a bit of time to get back to him but if not have a backup plan for somewhere on the high street. I'm not being ripped off at a bloody airport! Anyway, rant over.

I'm a bit annoyed at myself as OH cracked open a box of Guylian seashells last night and I had 5 in one sitting (15 syns, taking me up to 25.5 for the day/79/105 for the week). I'd already had a chocolate hit for the day with my Merryteasers reindeer so I really didn't need any more. I feel silly having that many syns the night before WI day. And I had one with my breakfast coffee this morning. I'm going to come back from holiday the size of a house!

Today's food:B: Mullerlight, 2 clementines, coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn), Guylian chocolate seashell (3 syns)
L: WW Petit pain (HexB) with tomato puree, garlic, Marmite and 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA), 2 clementines
D: Unknown... We're staying at my dad's before holiday so he's pulling something together for us. Hopefully he might just suggest Chinese and then I know I can have my measured out portion of beef in blackbean sauce with steamed rice for 5 syns.

Syns: Expecting 9/15, so 88/105 for the week. Not too shabby! I may allow myself a milky hot chocolate for 8 syns (250ml semi-skimmed and Options hot choc) if dinner goes to plan. After WI, obviously. ;)

2lbs off! And I finally see the 10s! Just in time to put it alllll back on again.

Absolutely thrilled though. I love Slimming World. I've had such lovely food, never been hungry or bored or frustrated and had two weeks of 2lb losses. I'm back!

Dinner was so tasty and could so easily have been SW friendly but my dad's learnt everything he knows from Jamie Oliver!

Chicken, tomato, onion, pepper and garlic traybaked in white wine, stock and olive oil with mash with butter and milk. Totally scrumptious though!

I'm baaaack! I finally braved the scales last night and I was 11st 2, which is nowhere near as bad as I thought I'd be. With that said, I'd barely eaten yesterday because I felt so stodgy and bloated after a naughty week away. I made a big batch of the SW Leek and Potato soup and had that with a WW Petit Pain (HexB) and 40g low fat cheese (HexA).

I felt really proud of myself on holiday because I finally braved a bikini! I swear for the past few years I've been saying 'This is the year of the bikini!' and I've either fluffed up or chickened out. Granted I only managed it for the first few days, and then I felt like a bloated carb-hound, but I got in the pool every day in some sort of swimwear, which is totally new for me. It did me a lot of good to be around lots of women of all shapes and sizes who were in no way ashamed of their bodies. I was by no means the slimmest there but I certainly wasn't bad - and I have worked at that and earned it. OH told me how happy he was that I was getting in the pool every day and not staying all covered up and that meant a lot.

Back to group tonight! I'm so excited to see George running her own group! She's going to be the most amazing C. Just under 4 hours to go before I rejoin...

Today's food:
B: Mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, strawberries, redcurrants) with coconut Mullerlight, coffee with semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L: Leek and potato soup (Leek, onion, potato, chicken stock) with WW Petit Pain (HexB)
D: TBD...
S: 3 x Hotel Chocolat chocolates (9 syns)

Dinner was meant to be cheesy chicken with sweet potato fries and veg but I think OH can't be bothered to make it while I'm at group! It may be more soup with cheese or a Quorn Sticky Fillet with veg. I'm going to make another batch of 'neutral' vegetable soup tonight so I can have a red or green day if I fancy it. I'm going to soup-er slim myself down for Christmas!

Well group didn't finish until 9.20 so I went for the soup with cheese option! It also meant we didn't have our chocolates but I did have 2 syns of Weetabix cake at group. It turned today into a green day so I had one of the new Christmas Pudding HiFis - YUM!!!

The late finish also meant I missed the bus I meant to catch home and it was a 20 min wait or a 25 min walk so I walked! I'd walked there too so that's a good bit of body magic!

Just flicking through the new magazine with OH who's getting excited about the beef wellingtons, venison burgers and steak and Guinness pie with sprout mash!

Official WI was 11st 3 which means exactly 2 stone to target. When I put it like that it feels like 4 easy half stone jumps. Remind me of that when I'm dilly-dallying!

Day one of group me! I was really good and put my porridge oats in a Mullerlight to soak last night, all ready for magic pancakes this morning. I got 9 pancakes out of the mix and had half with mixed berries for breakfast and brought the rest in to work as snacks. It's amazing how far they go compared to my usual magic porridge - just adding a couple of eggs makes it so much more filling.

Today's food:
B: Magic pancakes (35g porridge oats [HexB], Mullerlight, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp sweetener) with blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and raspberries, coffee with semi-skimmed (1 syn)

L: Leek and potato soup (leek, potato, onion, stock) with HexA of reduced fat cheddar

Absolutely stuffed at the moment and I can't even begin to think about dinner. We've got a couple of chicken breasts in the fridge and were thinking about doing something with sweet potato SW fries but I might save that for later in the week and have a Quorn sticky fillet with salad instead. I'm making butternut squash and red pepper soup tonight so that'll tide me over for a few more lunches. I'm all out of petit pains though so a trip to Tesco is in order.

Despite having two really good nights' sleep I'm absolutely shattered today. I wonder if anyone would notice if I had a little kip under the desk... Just under 3 hours to go at work. :yawn:

Nearly home time! I've decided to make a Chicken and Butternut Squash One Pot tonight - here's the recipe: Squash, chicken & couscous one-pot | BBC Good Food

I don't quite have everything I need (like harissa) but from the comments I think I can pull it off anyway... Just depends if OH will eat it too.

Just about to leave and I've just had a call to warn me that I'm going to get given a shedload of work to do tomorrow. I guess I should head home and get a good night's rest then!

This was last night's dinner. It's alright but not amazing, although I didn't have the harissa or cherry tomatoes so I chucked in some random spices and only half a BNS. It's tasty though and full of Speed foods. I'll get a proper food day up shortly.

ForumRunner_20131017_145340.png

Work has just been so hectic. It's good being so busy but I'm meant to be leaving in January and there's no one around to take over from me. I was so busy today that I didn't get to lunch until 2.30 - I was absolutely shaking when I finally got to eat something. I was tempted to grab a handful of mini marshmallows to tide me over but I was good and stopped myself and had an apple instead.

I'm trying to stick to EE for this first week back at group. It feels weird eating meat and starchy carbs in the same day. So, a catch up for yesterday:B: Magic pancakes (eggs, Mullerlight, 35g porridge oats [HexB]) with blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and raspberries. Coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn)
L: Leek and potato soup (leek, onion, potato, chicken stock) with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)
D: Chicken, butternut squash and cous cous one pot (onion, chicken, butternut squash, paprika, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, cous cous, chopped tomatoes)
S: 6g mini marshmallows (1 syn), 3 Jelly Belly jelly beans (0.5 syns), 2 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (6 syns)

Syns: 8.5/15 = 8.5/105

Today's food:
B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB), coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn)
S: AppleL: Chicken, butternut squash and cous cous one pot (onion, chicken, butternut squash, paprika, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, cous cous, chopped tomatoes), apple
D: Tesco Simply Heat BBQ Pork Shoulder, SW sweet potato fries with HexA of cheese, rocket salad

S: 2 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (6 syns)

Syns: 7/15 = 15.5/105

I've realised we're out to dinner at my cousin's tomorrow and I have no idea what they'll be serving us. The last time I went round to a friend's they'd made a bolognese pasta bake using a jar of Homepride sauce and normal mince and it came to about 40 syns. :eek: We're also going up to my best friends' for their housewarming this weekend so I'm going to have to prepare myself and take some good food with me. I seem to have made a lifetime's supply of this couscous stuff so I'll take that up. We usually stop at Warwick services half way up for a BK or KFC so I'll have to sort myself out with a travelling meal. I'll have to be super syn savvy in order to shift some of this holiday gain.

I'm hungry but stuffed at the moment, if that makes any sense? Probably not. My stomach is rumbling but I feel so full up generally. I'm pretty nervous about tonight. I really don't want to blow what has been a dedicated start back at group. What will be will be... If relationships with the people we're going to dinner with weren't a little fragile then I'd probably take my own. Never mind. I've been good with syns so far this week and I can always make up for it over the rest of the week.

Today's food so far:
B: Mullerlight with blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and raspberries, coffee with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn).
S: Apple
L: Butternut squash and red pepper soup with HexA of reduced fat cheddar.
S: Christmas pudding HiFi (HexB)D: TBD...

Syns so far: 1/15 = 16.5/105.

If I think of it as having 15 syns a day then I've had 16.5/45 so I have 28.5 to play with already for dinner. I'd rather not use them all but I just don't know what I'll be served.

Back