Ending week 2... feeling really rubbish today.. Help!

Hi guys, I am new on here and just coming to the end of my first two weeks on SS..The first few days where tough.. but since then its got easier and I am really really enjoying the diet and the results so far!

What it is, I am feeling wiped out today like seriously exhausted, I am not hungry or anything, Just feel really weak :(... I dont know why... I am also feeling really cold and a little light headed. welljust not right, I dont know if its because I have started some light exercise the last few days and maybe I dont have enough going in to sustain it, but its only walking nothing major!

I am still drinking all my water and more approx 5ltrs a day, but yeah today I am not liking the way I am feeling, dont worry I dont wanna eat as like I say I am not hungry!

Anyone else felt like this in week 2??

cheers for any help or hints!

Hi, Poor you! It might not be related to the diet at all. You could just be fighting off a bug or something. You should be feeling OK in week 2 I think. Ease up on the exercise until you feel better and rest until you feel better.

Take Care!

Hi there sometimes you can feel a little crap in the begining it is your body detoxing, I know they tell you to drink lots of water but may in the begining you should lower your water intake you are suppose to only drink 2/3lts a day and if you are drinking 5 then you could be flushing your system through to quickly and loseing some of your vitamins, also i was told not to exercise until week three as your body has to re adjust to being on a vlcd, and if you try to exercise on top of that your body starts to scream "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO ME", keep your chin up, it does get easier, and the losses are worth it in the end, just keep posting on here if you need support to keep going and rest up.

Thanks Herewego & Huggy! Think now on thinking about it I may have overdone the exercise from someone how did nowt, I think I may have been a bit too keen! :)

Think as I ma seeing and feeling the weight come off I am trying to maybe do to much in my excited mood.... which is nothing new for me.... shall just chill and take it easy me thinks... and maybe give it another week before resuming the exercise!! There is a lot of me to have to shift about on little calories hehehehe....

Thanks again...... and so so so glad I have came across this website!!

Cheers guys

I think you are right about rushing things like I said you have to remember you are consuming a lot less calories than you were previously, I have been doing this now for 10 weeks, last week i changed roles within my job, I work as a police officer and previously had been officer based but then moved onto the immediate response team, for two days i felt exhausted and one of those days i felt so light headed i had to have a sandwich as i felt so ill, after i had ate it i felt so much better. When i spoke to my CDC about this she said it was probably due to the fact that in my new role my adranalin is flowing much faster causing my body to burn up any sugar that i have stored, which resulted in the light headedness, the reason i felt better after the sandwich was due to the fact i had replaced the carbs that my body had burnt earlier and my body was warning me i needed to replace them, also as i now have to wear a stab vest and kit which weighs approx 1 stone my body needs extra calories to account for this so she recomended i have an extra shake on the days when i am working, this has really helped and i feel great again, it did however frighten me.

Just take it steady like hugybear said, its your body detoxing, my cdc did mention that there can be cold like side effects in the beginning, dont worry about it your doing amazing. Hope you feel a bit better next week x

Hey Witchy, Thanks for ur support and encouragement, and Hugy thanks for ur post too.... :D

I can now report that I am feeling back to my old self again tonight... not long had my 3rd shake and really perked up and back to feeling energised and alive! most pleased!!

Must have been running low on everything me thinks and now all topped up with my shakes!

Luv this forum and all the support that is given to everyone, Its my first "real" admittance and battle to loose my weight and glad I have this here to boost myself on and read that ur not the only one feeling certain ways!

Thanks guys you are all stars :D

Roll on weigh in on monday morning!!

Hi Darryl, I can't exercise at all since starting CD. I used to walk and swim a lot but now exhausted after very short walk or swimming 2 laps. I think there will be plenty of time for that when you are at goal or near it to tone up. My sis who is medical dir. told me not to do aerobic exercise anyway as body taking in too few calories and would need to burn muscle or something like that.
Whereabouts are you in Lanark? I'm in Motherwell.
Hugybear, I'd need some valium after doing your job! Sounds exciting though but scary - stab proof vest!

Broxi its not that bad, most forces where stab vest, and yes I do love it, every day is different which is why I love it, and it is very exciting although there are times when you go to a job and you are speaking to people you know are just trying to pull your chain and you think why am i here, but the good outway the bad.
chilldarrayl I am glad you are feeling better

Wow Darryl, I live in Muirhouse! That's mental. Come in and see me anytime. My husband worked with recovering heroin addicts in Lanark for years! Mad!

Wow... thats is scary scary... but in a good way... just mad eh??
Sorry I aint been online lately, got two teeth out on monday and then the gum went abcessed.. luvley... was back at the dentist yesterday and now on antibiotics.. but feeling grand.. have a feeling that is why I was feeling shitty!? .... anyway another 3 filings yesterday lol.
Off to St Andrews tomorrow with my best mate who is also on the CD SS... so its all good!
Got my mum on the CD too.. she started on Mon lol.... I seem to be converting everyone!
Defo wil pop in for water/black coffee heheheheheehe and a gossip!
Hope ur having a good week!

Hi Darryl, it's a small world isn't it? Enjoy St Andrews tomorrow. I find it hard to go places now cos I always associate days out with a nice lunch! Pathetic! Cos your an addiction counsellor/worker you will have good advice for us food addicts??? - any would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Broxi,
Yeah cant wait till st andrews,
My advice that I use a lot and just learning to use it myself is all around A.B.C.
Its dead simple really
A- Action
B- Behaviour
C - Consequence
so easy way I look at it is, every action has a behaviour, which then has a consequence.
Write down what the consequences are of say eating the bar of chocolate, what behaviours made u do it and what action are u going to take to change it!?
Then take a positive for example You can fit into the new dress you have wanted, what behaviours got you there and take the actions from it and apply them.
Just look at things like that, ultimatley only us as people can change our behaviours and have self control, but visualising and putting pen to paper helps things sink in etc and easier to follow/understand. IMO.
Its all probs been said before but hey ho no harm in refreshing!
:)

No that's brilliant advice Darryl, thank you. I will definitely remember that one. I know I need to change my eating behaviour to get what I want and I need to learn to not fall for this instant gratification thing. Any advice about getting rid of cravings? My husband worked in Bridge Street in Lanark in Harm Reduction and we just live down behind the towers in Muirhouse. I take it you work in the Community Centre as can't think where else you could be?

Yeah I know exactly how u feel.... thats why I feel taking food out the equation for me was the only way to retrain myself and my relationships with food!
I work in service users home, its supported living based work, we support them 24/7 so I start at 10am one morning and finish at 10am the next day, I do get a sleepover everynight I am on shift lol. so not awake the full time :)
When I started this job, thats when I piled on the weight, being in a home enviroment and food avail to hand all day etc making meals...but finally feel I am getting it under control! bit by bit I have to add lol.

I agree with that too Darryl, I often thought it would be easier if I could stop eating all together. I stopped smoking about 6 years ago after 25 years of addiction! It was hell but at least I knew where I stood. CD is like that too; it stops me overeating on my diet. Now I don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat! I'm the life and soul of the party, not! You should pop in and see us if you're out and about during your working time. Only prob is I might know your clients.

Well I stopped smoking in Jan and did that for health reasons, then kept eating and was like u stopped smoking to get better health!! So thought If i can stop smoking thats will power so I can do this.....
I will defo pop in...... If I am not working that is.. Just in case you do know my service users lol!
I have managed 3 parties since starting the first one was hell as I was on day 3... but the rest have been fine.. and enjoyed no hangover... infact alcohol is something I dont think I will get back into... total self revalation for myself on that front!
But all good! hehehehhehe

I stopped drinking about 10 years ago when I became a teacher and my weekends were so precious I couldn't bear to waste them with a hangover! The last time I drank was with the teachers of Carluke High in the golf club- your neck of the woods and I was steaming and in bed with the shakes all weekend so just stopped completely. I have never missed it. Smoking was hard but I did it and I'm going to do this too! I'm totally fed up being fat! After this I need to get my compulsive shopping under control and that's no joke! Whe you have enough posts I'll be able to private message you and I'll send you my address and you can come in and meet Jason and me. You'll both prob have people in common! xxx

Back