Enjoy today

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Hi everyone, hope you all have a wonderfull Sunday and enjoy the bank holiday sunshine. I thought today would be a great day to have beef stew (looked a bit nippy out lol) so got it cooking away in slow cooker. Not doing a great deal today, being lazy and chilled out for a change. If anyone lives near Tammworth, Atherstone, Nuneaton or even Leicester and would like a day out with a bit of a difference, I can recommend a visit to Witherly to the scarecrow festival. The whole village make scarecrows on a theme, anything from mary poppins to elvis and put them in their gardens. Its a fabulous day out with duck races down the river etc and all the proceeds go to the air amubulance. Its on today and Monday. Just avoid the church hall, the home made cakes are to die for and huge.
What ever you are doing, enjoy and be happy. xx

We have scarecrow festivals round here too! We went past one on the way into York last week. There was a most wonderful Victorian nurse in one of the gardens.

Well, its overcast here in Hampshire and blooming freezing! I am sat in a jumper as I type!!! I have no plans as such today as I am working later, but tomorrow the family are heading to Paulton's Park!!!

Good morning Carolyne,

It's cloudy and overcast here in Norfolk today and quite a bit nippy too...

We have a local tractor event going on in a village near us, there is a display of tractors down the years from very old ones to the lastest thing, plus for a small fee you can have a go at ploughing a straight line along a field - all proceeds to local Church restoration, there will also be a craft fair, car boot and a home produce stall too, we were going but we are staying at home now today until Chloe (dog) is feeling better. Love to you. X

Am avoiding carnival area as we are about 1.5mile away and traffic tends to back up a bit (have seen floats going by this morning, one even had the band playing on it!!) is overcast and yuk so have taken dogs out and am heading to the gym for the first time in about a month! Have got a pasta quiche cooked and ready for when I get back, then I've got a costume to make for the Bestival Festival in just two weeks time!
Have a great Sunday everyone x

Back