Erm.... Wind?

Eating__Glitter

Processed-Food-Aholic
Ok, not a subject easily brought up but it's causing me a few troubles. I'm naturally inclined to be a bit windy as I have mild IBS and since starting SW most of it has actually gone away but I've gone 'nuclear' according to my OH. In fact he's started making me go out in the garden if I want to... Ahem. It's that bad.

Anybody know how I can combat/improve this as it's becoming a bit of an issue.

Ok embarrassment over

Last edited:
Eating__Glitter said:
Ok, not a subject easily brought up but it's causing me a few troubles. I'm naturally inclined to be a bit windy as I have mild IBS and since starting SW most of it has actually gone away but I've gone 'nuclear' according to my OH. In fact he's started making me go out in the garden if I want to... Ahem. It's that bad.

Anybody know how I can combat/improve this as it's becoming a bit of an issue.

Ok embarrassment over </cease blushing>

I've been like that this week but I put it down to speed soup, hope someone comes up with a remedy soon :-(
It is rather embarrassing

allie1904 said:
All I can say is..

GET USED TO IT!

I've been doing SW for well over a year now and I could still wipe out a population.

Nightmare

I've been telling myself it'll get better, so glad I'm not single!! Can you imagine going on a first date and letting rip, my hubby says he only puts up with it cos he already loves me lmao

i have ibs too and find it depends on what i have had, i am hoping u know about ibs friendly fruit? apple and mango?

im the same have ibs i think all the extra fibre creates the most problem for me i'm fine if i stick to red days though.

I think it's worse when you first go on the plan (any increase in fibre should really be gradual to allow your body to get used to it, but we go on plan and up it overnight).

I really do find that the activia yogurt helps my tummy get sorted out. I've also recently changed cereal to Puffed wheat, and seem less bloated than usual (maybe because there's so much of it in 30g that I have half for breakfast and half for supper time 'pudding' rather than all the fibre of a HEx B in one go).

my ibs prevents me eating before 1 pm - as soon as I eat I get windy so was in agony as soon as I had anything for breakfast - was moreso on SW until I had lost about 1.5 stones - it's still bad at times but mainly I am OK'ish now. THANK GOODNESS.

I find there are some trigger foods I just can't have. Cauli, broch, and peas for starters. I think it would be worth keeping some kind of note on what you eat and what the results are: then you can cut some things out if your diet to help improve things!
Best wishes!

I stay away from onions (although I love them, they defo do not love me :-( ) and apples as they make it worse for me. Seems to work!

I was thinking of getting a dog to blame it on :p

judimac said:
I was thinking of getting a dog to blame it on :p

Genius but the OH will know. Other news. Apparently if yours don't smell it's an indication of high blood pressure. The chemical that creates the smell cannot be manufactured if you have overly high blood pressure.

Stinky smells = healthy body!

I am bad at the best of times but much worse since starting SW - my long suffering fiance is very understanding though.

I have found that all my bowel habits have changed have started taking the odd senna tablet to help out.

Mines actually better for being on SW for a few weeks, find baked beans set me off, but i'm def much more regular and the wind doesn't seem to smell (my blood pressure ok, coz midwife monitors everytime i see her). My hubby on other hand STINKS :D but he has a lot of fruit during the day so maybe down to that fermenting in stomach???

I can't stress that point enough..
do NOT hold it unless you absolutely have to ( ie middle of nowhere.. find a loo at the first opportunity.. )..
My uncle always waited until he really had to, and then was quick about it IYKWIM..
He was diagnosed with rectal cancer a few years back and now has a colostomy bag..
His father did the same ( which is where he got the habit from most likely ) and was also diagnosed about a year ago and sadly passed away at christmas ( I believe it was actally christmas day.. not great.. but not unexpected either.. )..

I don't know if there is a direct correlation or if it was purely coincidence, but don't take the risk...

Just a quick question, why is it a no-no at work?

I think that it's acidic stuff and things high in sulphur that make it smelly..

Back