Ex CD and seriel dieter!

Big Mummy Tracey

Hi, I was really hoping to start this tomorrow but fate has dealt me a cruel hand. I placed my order today and was looking forward to getting my delivery tomorrow, then the post arrived and totally unexpectedly I've got an appointment for a Barium Enema which requires following their strict diet for 7 days before hand !! Then later today I received a phone call from the doctors surgery saying that I have to have a fasting glucose text next week :-(. So now not going to start until 27th March and I'm really in the zone :-( wish me luck x

Oh what a shame. It can be so frustrating when you are really up for it and life throws things in the way. Just try to relax and not think about it too much until you actually come to do the diet and then hopefully you will be in the zone!!! Hope your medical things go well - I had the glucose test too I found it hard, I was so hungry by the time they did the blood test!

Quick question to all you lovely people. Although I now can't start until 27th March. What type of loses can I expect. I weighed myself this morning and I was 21.4. That's the most I've ever weighed and I'm kicking myself :-(

Hi Tracy, if you look at some of the loses for the 1st wk they are amazing there has been a few that I have seen that are over a stone. I think it depends on your starting weight though and also how much water your retaining. My start weight was 16.01 and I lost 9lb on my 1st wk which was amazing for me because I am well over 40yrs and a bit menopausal. Anyway any loss in the right direction is what we are looking for and also you do feel so much better, I keep getting compliments about my skin and that's after 8 days. It's amazing to feel in control over some part of my life. I wish you lots of luck and keep the positive attitude while waiting for your start date. X

Thank you so much for responding. I really can't wait to start. I'm so in the zone but know that my health is more important and it's only a couple of weeks :). I'm 40 in June so if I could get into the 19's for then I would be over the moon :)

I still have 9 days until I can start and really not doing myself any favours. Been a total pig today but going to try and eat healthy from now on so I don't get the major food withdrawal. Still in tge zone just want to start :-(

Hiya
Good luck with your tests. Wanted to suggest about trying to drink more water in the days before you start the diet (your tests permitting). I found that this helps because I didn't drink water at all before I started and now drink about 3l a day.

Good luck
x

I still have 9 days until I can start and really not doing myself any favours. Been a total pig today but going to try and eat healthy from now on so I don't get the major food withdrawal. Still in tge zone just want to start :-(

As you can't start just yet it would be a good opportunity to cut down on carbs as much as possible as that will make it much easier when you do start. And the advice to drink lots of water is very good too.
Lots of people lose nearly a stone in the first week if they have a lot to lose, then it seems to average out at about a stone a month for most but you will probably find it will be more at the beginning :)
Good luck with the tests and also for when you do start.

Thank you so much for the great advice. I week of low carb and loads of water planned. Desperate to get on Exante but just need to stay patient :). I really can't wait to start shifting this weight. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and subject to my health am planning on a holiday of a lifetime in July and it would be great to be able to do the belt up on the plane !!

That's a good start - you will probably lose a fair few pounds doing low carb anyway - if you can manage to get into ketosis before you even start exante it will be much easier over the first few days. Don't try to cut calories or fat while you low carb and you will find you get into the zone much quicker. I can't wait to get to my goal weight and get back to the low carb as it is a great way to maintain for me :) Good luck with everything - I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on. If you need advice on low carbing the atkins sections on here are a good place to look, or I'll be happy to help too x

Thank you so much. This forum is fantastic, it's helping me already and I haven't even started yet :) Just has a crazy thought though if I'm diagnosed as a diabetic can I still do Exante?

If you're diagnosed with diabetes for which you need any kind of medication i.e not diet controlled then you will need medical supervision. It would be very dangerous to take your normal dose of hypoglycaemic drugs with a vlcd as your blood sugar levels could drop drastically. On the other hand if you have type 2 diabetes and use the diet under medical supervision you may well find that the condition is reversed or at least controlled by a low carb diet :) Hope all works out well x

Thanks. Think they are only suspecting type 2 so any type of weight loss can only be a bonus and as you say it might even knock it on the head. Blood test at 8.30 & 10.30 today so will hopefully know next week xx

I've finally decided 100% to go on the Exante diet. I've bought the stuff and it's been delivered. I had decided to start it on Tuesday after my barium X-ray but I'm so pissed off at the moment with my weight I've decided to start tomorrow instead. I know that I have to drink loads of water as I'm not allowed to get constipated with my bowel problem but really can not do healthy eating. I'm addicted to food and can only survive doing a meal replacement diet. I weigh more ATM than I ever have in my life and would love to lose a significant amount before my 40th birthday in June. I really admire everyone that is losing weight, this site is a major inspiration to me.

Good morning everyone. I've done it, I just had my first shake. I went for the banana one and was surprised how good it actually tasted. I'm so excited that I'm finally starting this journey and look forward to losing weight and feeling better about myself.

Back