Ex CD and seriel dieter!

Oh well I've made it to day 3. I'm actually finding it really easy apart from the vanilla shake which i absolutely hate. Also not sure if it's Exante related or just me but I'm feeling constantly sick :-(. The sickness feeling started on Sunday morning straight after my first shake ! I'm so committed this this I can't wait to weigh myself on Sunday :)

Well done making it to day 3 - should start getting easier in the next few days. There are bound to be a few things that you're not so keen on but after a while pretty much anything starts to be ok when it's all you have. At least you will know what to order next time. I love the vanilla shakes hot with a bit of extra vanilla - maybe you could try a spoonful of coffee in it to make it more palatable? Good luck and keep going as the weight dropping off comes so quickly and makes it all worthwhile :) x

Thank you so much for your comments. I've tried the Vanilla shake with coffee but hated it so going to buy some cinnamon, hopefully that's allowed and will get me though all the ones I have left :). Still feeling great I'm so happy xxx

Yay, sounds like the keto fairy has arrived for you :) Be really careful now to hang on to ketosis, I've been knocked out by non legit diet drinks before and it really isn't worth the pain. Especially when it's so easy while you're in!
Sorry the coffee thing didn't do it for you - guess everyone is different, I'm just about to order a bumper shakes pack plus 50 Vanilla shakes to see me through to goal :)

Wow how exciting getting so close to goal, how long have you been doing it? How much have you lost? Am I correct in thinking that I can drink vegetable bullion ?

Lost a total of 4 1/2 stone so far, 3 with CD a couple of years ago and another 1 1/2 so far since mid Feb on exante. Was happy with my first weight loss for a couple of years but then decided I'd like to get more off so got back on vlcd as it's the easiest way for me. Low carb keeps me from gaining without calorie counting but I need something more regimented to lose as I find it difficult to cut calories enough when eating.
It is exciting being close to goal but things go slower than when I was bigger. I know I'll get there in the next couple of months though and even the smaller losses are noticeable now so that's good :) You'll be surprised how quickly your body changes. Also don't worry too much if you look a bit (dare I say it?) saggy when you first lose. I did and was quite worried about it but the skin catches up a lot over a few months after the loss :)
I found the bouillon fine first time around but now I'm smaller it takes much less to kick me out of ketosis so don't have it. I save those extra few carbs for a couple of cups of tea with milk every day instead. As you still have more to lose you'll probably be fine with it for a while then readjust later if it causes any problem :)

Wow, that's amazing what a great weight loss. Dare I say I'm finding it really easy at the moment ! I did lose lots and lots of weight on CD a few years ago but unfortunately I've put it all back on and more :-(. I'm really hoping that I've learnt from my mistake and when I lose it this time I don't put it back on again :)

Thought i'd post my CD loses on here to motivate me on Exante :)

17.10.08 Start CD
24.10.08 Wk 1 = 11 1/4lbs lost
1.10.08 Wk 2 = 8
1/2
lbs lost
8.10.08 Wk 3 = 4
1/4
lbs lost
15.10.08 Wk 4 = 4 lbs lost
22.10.08 Wk 5 = 6
3/4
lbs lost
29.10.08 Wk 6 = 4
3/4
lbs lost
05.11.08 Wk 7 = 3
1/2
lbs lost
12.11.08 Wk 8 = 4 lbs lost
19.11.08 Wk 9 = 5 lbs lost
26.11.08 Wk 10 = 4 lbs lost (includinga meal out)
03.12.08 Wk 11 = 4
3/4
lbs lost
10.12.08 Wk 12 = 3
1/2
lb lost (including a very naughty party!!)
17.12.08 Wk 13 = 3
1/2
lb lost (including a Christmas Meal out)
24.12.08 Wk 14 = 3lbs (includinganother Christmas meal, god I

am so naughty!!)
31.12.08 Wk 16 = Christmas put 10lb on
07.01.09 Wk 17 = loss the 10lb I put on !!!
14.01.09 Wk 18 = 4lb loss
21.01.09 Wk 19 = 3lb loss
28.01.09 Wk 20 = 4lb loss (weight 198lbs)

Omg I'm in so much pain this morning. I had a barium enema X-ray on Monday and it's still so painful. I feel so bloated I don't want to eat or drink :-(. I haven't managed a shake yet but know that I must have one. Really hoping that the pain and bloating in caused by the procedure and not Exante :-(.

Wow - you did so well to lose all that on CD. So you know you can definitely do it this time :)
I think the biggest thing is to do a stabilising and come up with a strategy for keeping it off. It seems that people who lose the weight but skip the stabilising bit do tend to pile it back on again. When I lost on CD I did a 12 week plan to gradually reintroduce food and then low carb eating which kept it off so will do the same again when I get to target :)

Oh well Exante has been knocked on the head for a while. I was rushed into hospital by ambulance yesterday with a suspected perforated bowel. I'm currently laying in bed on IV drip and antibiotics waiting for my CT results :-(. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. I was doing so well on Exante :-(

Believe it or not they were carrying out a procedure to see if my last perforated bowel had healed and managed to cause another one. Oh well 5 days of Nil by mouth must be Exante friendly xx

Back