Ex CD and seriel dieter!

Sorry to hear about that. Glad it's been caught before you got really poorly though. I'm sure the 5 days of NBM will be good and you could go for just leaving the carbs when you start eating - they never check too much. But the main thing is that you get better x

angel-missy said:
Sorry to hear about that. Glad it's been caught before you got really poorly though. I'm sure the 5 days of NBM will be good and you could go for just leaving the carbs when you start eating - they never check too much. But the main thing is that you get better x

That's a great idea, hoping they will let me drink today and then maybe food on Tuesday or Wednesday. Need this like a hole in the head :-(

I certainly hope you feel better soon. Maybe you could get someone to bring in some low carb food for you as well when you start eating. When I was in the hospital I was going between NBM and eating and they only ever seemed to have toast or sandwiches when I could have something. Not exactly a healthy choice so would be better having something on standby :)
Get better soon x

angel-missy said:
I certainly hope you feel better soon. Maybe you could get someone to bring in some low carb food for you as well when you start eating. When I was in the hospital I was going between NBM and eating and they only ever seemed to have toast or sandwiches when I could have something. Not exactly a healthy choice so would be better having something on standby :)
Get better soon x

I asked my husband to bring in low carb food for when I'm allowed to eat but he wants me to eat normally until my bowel heals properly. I do understand where he's coming from but still hard xx

I can see how he means well but I'd have thought the shakes would be better for you. When I was in with post op pancreatitis the food I was given when allowed to eat was nothing short of junk :(

angel-missy said:
I can see how he means well but I'd have thought the shakes would be better for you. When I was in with post op pancreatitis the food I was given when allowed to eat was nothing short of junk :(

Omg just had a major shock, the consultant came around to see me, said I'm still not well enough to eat and as this was happening so frequently he would get the surgeon to come and see me. The surgeon then came in and said he would try and fit me into theatre today but they were very busy so it might have to wait until the weekend. I nearly died with shock. After a very long conversation and discussing the pros and cons he has agreed that if I promise to lose weight he will delay the operation for 3 or 4 months. This would make the chances of success so much better with less chance of a aroma bag. What a morning :-( on a positive note he said that he's happy for me to go on a VLCD meal replacement programe and said that would be good for me as it will give my bowel a good rest :) so when I'm finally allowed to eat Exante it is :)

I hope all works out okay for you. It's good that your consultant is supportive of your vlcd. It was a consultant cardiologist I worked with who suggested CD to me. And it probably would be good to give your insides a rest from regular food - suppose it makes sense that Exante is easier to digest. I really do hope you manage to avoid the surgery. Big hugs to you x

angel-missy said:
I hope all works out okay for you. It's good that your consultant is supportive of your vlcd. It was a consultant cardiologist I worked with who suggested CD to me. And it probably would be good to give your insides a rest from regular food - suppose it makes sense that Exante is easier to digest. I really do hope you manage to avoid the surgery. Big hugs to you x

Thanks babe xx

Just been told that I might be going home today the only thing stopping me is a bowel movement. Who would have thought having a poo would be so important :)

Oh well I'm home from hospital. I had a great conversation with my consultant about going on a VLCD and he's really up for it. He's said that it would be great for my bowel as it will give it a good rest. So here we go again. Wish me luck :)

Hey mummy, hope you are feeling better and that the elusive poo has made an appearance for you!! Thrilled for you that the doc has said OK to the Exante, it always scares me a little when doctors agree to the benefits of VLCD's over the side effects, it just reminds me how dangerous being overweight really is and yet it's the one I think about the least in terms of motivating me to lose it. We're all with you on this wagon so remember how many people care about you and want you to succeed, lots of positive energy flying your way!!

Thanks everyone this site helps so much and your support is brill. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. I'm not expecting much due to the week in hospital but as you've asked I have done a poo :). Last time I weighed myself was 2 weeks ago so wish me luck xx

Good morning all, I've just weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks and I've lost 12 lbs :). I'm really happy with that as with all my health problems I obviously haven't been able to stick to Exante 100%. I think the nil by mouth in hospital has helped but I'm sure the white bread and low residue diet hasn't so all in all I'm very happy :)

That is brilliant, well done you,Exante is a great plan, it can be tough but the results are great, chin up mrs!!onwards and downwards!!

Wow that's fab considering what you've been through! Well done :hug99: xx

Back