ex cynical newbie

gomomo

Hya,

I've always been cynical of slimming groups and I'll admit that it has prevented me from losing the weight I need to lose.

I was always pretty slim up until I had my wee girl at 30, went up to about 12 1/2 stone then lost it all aged 34/5 - didn't diet , it just came off probably due to lifestyle changes. At the time I was working as a nurse advisor advising on lifestyle changes ;)

Roll on a few years and the weight started to creep up to about 11 1/2 stone for my wedding in 2009- I thought that was terrible, having a usual weight of 9 1/2 to 10 stone . If only, I'd known what would happen next.

My weight crept up over the next 5 years to 16 1/2 stone . I've hidden in big black tops and trousers, stopped going out and generally have become stiff and sore.

The good thing is though that i stopped putting on weight 2 years ago and even lost 1/2 stone earlier in the year. So, I'm fairly confident that a change will have a good result.

So, far, 10 days in , I am loving it. I miss cake , but I'm not hungry and it is worth it . I didn't realise that a weekly group would motivate me and i spend a lot of time reading forums and looking at before and after pics too.

So, time to get on with it. 6 stone needs to come off , but I'd be happy with 4 stone off for a work trip to Norway in May :)

Hi :)

Hi! I'm a newbie to these forums too. Sounds like you are determined which is brilliant - the psychological barrier is the worst I find. Good luck!

Thanks all,

Everything seems to be going well.

I went out to 2 gigs at the weekend and caught up with old friends . I think it's knowing I'm doing something about my weight that is helping :)

I lost 2lb in first week, then 2.5lb, so, let's see what the scales show tomorrow :)

Thanks all,

Everything seems to be going well.

I went out to 2 gigs at the weekend and caught up with old friends . I think it's knowing I'm doing something about my weight that is helping :)

I lost 2lb in first week, then 2.5lb, so, let's see what the scales show tomorrow :)

That's a great start, good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

Back