Excercise ...

FloralFlower85

What do you do for excercise (if any) along side slimming world ??? I need to do something I feel .. although not sure what!!

Anyone??

I have a little baby so I seem to be walking a lot! Otherwise I don't have time for organised exercise (see above re small baby) but I used to do Zumba on my Wii and I would run occasionally.

I like Zumba. Maybe I could give that a go once or twice a week as I have the dvds! I just feel I need that little bit extra!

Honestly, the most important part of exercise is finding something you enjoy. It doesn't really matter what it is. Otherwise you won't stick to it.

Most of my exercise is walking, household chores (lots of gardening in the warm months - it all counts!) and then some exercise DVDs when I feel I need a boost. I like the Jillian Michaels ones but she's definitely not to everyone's tastes.

I visit a gym three times a week but previously I have used DVDs or more recently just surfed YouTube as there are so many free videos on there you can find any type of exercise work out you fancy. I have done a couple of the Jillian Michaels one - she is one hard task master but it gets the job done. Seriously though its crucial to find some form of exercise you enjoy and can do otherwise you won't continue with it. :character00116::whacky068:

Honestly, the most important part of exercise is finding something you enjoy. It doesn't really matter what it is. Otherwise you won't stick to it.

Most of my exercise is walking, household chores (lots of gardening in the warm months - it all counts!) and then some exercise DVDs when I feel I need a boost. I like the Jillian Michaels ones but she's definitely not to everyone's tastes.

I thought about giving her a go .. many rave about the 30 day shred. Not sure i'm strong enough though haha!!

I visit a gym three times a week but previously I have used DVDs or more recently just surfed YouTube as there are so many free videos on there you can find any type of exercise work out you fancy. I have done a couple of the Jillian Michaels one - she is one hard task master but it gets the job done. Seriously though its crucial to find some form of exercise you enjoy and can do otherwise you won't continue with it. :character00116::whacky068:

I found a few jogging workouts on youtube .. I may give those a go several mornings a week and see how I get on. If not I did wonder about borrowing my mums treadmill for a bit!!

I do crossfit, body pump, and go to the gym, however, it was crossfit that really got me into exercise (I hated it before). It's one of those things that seems really intimidating at first (because most people are superfit) but it is the most supportive environment I have ever exercised in. They do a real variety of workouts which I love because I get bored easily, and they can scale and change them to your needs. I loved it so much that it made me want to join a gym and lose weight so I could get better! They say that to become what you want you have to surround yourself with people that are already there. I never realised how true that was before.
They say people who do crossfit never shut up about it, and it's true because we all love it so much!

I do crossfit, body pump, and go to the gym, however, it was crossfit that really got me into exercise (I hated it before). It's one of those things that seems really intimidating at first (because most people are superfit) but it is the most supportive environment I have ever exercised in. They do a real variety of workouts which I love because I get bored easily, and they can scale and change them to your needs. I loved it so much that it made me want to join a gym and lose weight so I could get better! They say that to become what you want you have to surround yourself with people that are already there. I never realised how true that was before.
They say people who do crossfit never shut up about it, and it's true because we all love it so much!

Whats crossfit?? It sounds interesting!!!

I go to two rebounding classes a week & recently I've started boxercise. I go to the gym or swimming occasionally. I absolutely love rebounding, it got me back into exercise - it's great fun & has really helped to change my body shape (targeting weight loss on my hips & thighs in particular). I think exercise is great for toning & just for feeling better in yourself even if it's not necessary with the SW plan!

Whats crossfit?? It sounds interesting!!!
Below I've put 2 videos and 2 articles about it. Crossfit is basically doing a short intense workout, but mixing it up so you do strength and cardio activities. The workout changes daily and unless you're doing a benchmark workout you'll probably never do the same workout twice. Most gyms (known as a box) will offer your first session free so you can see if you like it. They'll make sure you're happy with all the movements before you start a workout and that they've been scaled if you need it. I find I constantly surprise myself doing it. I'll look at the workout and think 'I can't do that!' but I will, and usually better than I thought.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/what-is-crossfit-crossfit-games-crossfit-london
https://manvfat.com/can-fat-men-do-crossfit/

That looks intense!!!!

I try to go to the gym a couple of times a week - usually to do a class like step or zumba, or for a jog on the treadmill. Now the weather's a bit better, I also like the occasional walk in the evening with the hubby. I don't think exercise does much for losses, but it helps tone and does wonders for my mood!

I like walking. Could easily do that!

Back