excersise??????

Hi kerry, I walk to work and back, try and walk the dog as much as poss and go on the wii fit - that's all! used to belong to a gym and do yoga but they fizzled out - don't have time to do anything else!

cheers huni i jog on wii...walk...go on walker glider thing ..do flaboloss machine..work out dvd ...bike ...just hit a wall lol

I do the 30 day shred DVD and use the gym. Really want to start the couch to 5 k jogging program but need more motivation for that - I've told myself I have to when I lose 6 more pounds!

i wii fit, and in real life I cycle and walk. it's mainly cos i don't drive lol, but also telling myself that getting on a bus to go into town when it's under a mile away and how dare I waste money that could go on granola snacks, knitting gubbins and posh coffee on bus fare helps too.

30 day shred is a great exercise dvd and you can pick it up online for a fiver. It's good because it has 3 different levels so as you improve don't need to rush out and buy another dvd. Her other dvds are good too but that one is cheapest so good to get an idea of whether you like it or not.

Some people love the gym personally I hated it and found it too expensive.

If you have a wii theres loads of good games for that - wii fit is fun but not very challenging, EA Active is a great one I would recommend.

Other than that maybe check out your local gym see if they offer any sports that you fancy trying? Swimming is another good one, though personally I'm not a fan don't like that you and everyone else has not much clothing on eeek! Oh and my eyes are really sensitive to chlorine so need to wear googles which makes me feel even more embarassed! :(

As well as gyms there are often lots of activities in local halls and such just look out for whats on offer and give some a try! :)

I can't wait until my ankle is healed and can get back into exercise, even though I never particularly liked it before lol!! x

cheers hun i used to swim all the time used to get up at five bike there swim 100 or so lenghs and bike home...i put weight on someone said i was building muscle so i stopped that lol ...gonna have to try summit new lol

Flibsey said:
i wii fit, and in real life I cycle and walk. it's mainly cos i don't drive lol, but also telling myself that getting on a bus to go into town when it's under a mile away and how dare I waste money that could go on granola snacks, knitting gubbins and posh coffee on bus fare helps too.

I like this mentality :D i would forefeit a bus journey for posh coffee also!!

I'm a couch potato, but I have started walking and jogging on the wii...other that I sit on my butt the majority of the time! Been telling myself to go swimming, 3 years later still not started. I should do more, maybe I wouldn't such a rubbish weight loss pattern then!

I belly dance (3 classes a week), hoola hoop and walk. I keep thinking about the couch to 5k, but am struggling finding the time to start, plus it's dark when I get home and I'd be running on an unlit bridlepath.

cheers hun i used to swim all the time used to get up at five bike there swim 100 or so lenghs and bike home...i put weight on someone said i was building muscle so i stopped that lol ...gonna have to try summit new lol

You shouldn't give up on those forms of exercise for fear of putting on weight/ muscle. Some people gain for a week or two initially but after that unless you are doing insanely intensive exercise program and bulking up on food exercise is not going to make you gain weight. It's very difficult for women to bulk up due to exercise and will infact make weight loss easier as you are burning calories, increasing your metabolism and releasing hormones with help surpress hunger and endorphins so you feel good!! If you enjoyed those activities you should try them again :)

X

wii fit and 30 day shred and just dance :) 30 day shred is evil and I'm only on level 1 haha but I think it's working not gonna remeasure myself till the 30 days are done but my trousers are feeling a weeeeny bit looser :)

I started the couch to 5k programme in the middle of January, now mid way through week 7, running 25 minutes now (4k)!!! I was very surprised at how quickly my fitness increased doing it. HOWEVER...my weigh loss is only catching up now. I couldn't understand how I was doing all this exercise and not losing weight, then I spoke to a friend (total fitness freak) and he told me that unless you eat something, preferably protein, within 30 mins of a workout your body holds on to fat, now I have peanut butter on a ricecake after my runs (syned of course) and it's working, lost 3lbs this week after going nowhere for the last 6 weeks!!!

I started the couch to 5k programme in the middle of January, now mid way through week 7, running 25 minutes now (4k)!!! I was very surprised at how quickly my fitness increased doing it. HOWEVER...my weigh loss is only catching up now. I couldn't understand how I was doing all this exercise and not losing weight, then I spoke to a friend (total fitness freak) and he told me that unless you eat something, preferably protein, within 30 mins of a workout your body holds on to fat, now I have peanut butter on a ricecake after my runs (syned of course) and it's working, lost 3lbs this week after going nowhere for the last 6 weeks!!!

There's plenty of good protein sources that don't need to use any syns on :) quinoa, chicken, eggs, beans & legumes etc.

x

Back