Excited and new to kettlebells!!

Ayirela

I ordered my first kettlebell. Every website seemed to suggest 8kg for women first starting out. I really hope it isn't too heavy. Has anyone checked out the myomytv.com ? There is a young girl who records all her work outs and does seemingly GREAT instructional videos on her sites. I'm a bit nervous yest excited. I have a lot of weight to lose and from what I hear kbells are fantastic for cardio, strength, agility, and balance!!

Ayirela said:
I ordered my first kettlebell. Every website seemed to suggest 8kg for women first starting out. I really hope it isn't too heavy. Has anyone checked out the myomytv.com ? There is a young girl who records all her work outs and does seemingly GREAT instructional videos on her sites. I'm a bit nervous yest excited. I have a lot of weight to lose and from what I hear kbells are fantastic for cardio, strength, agility, and balance!!

Welcome on board Ayirela! I think the myomytv.com girl is awesome, very strong and very easy going! Kettle bells are a great way to exercise. If you've been weight-lifting then 8kg may be ok for you but most of us on the forum here have started with 4 or 5kg and built up from there - the ladies, that is. Guys probably start off with heavier weights.
Check out the 'secret to shaping up' thread in the stickies section of this kettlebells forum. It has lots of discussions about starting out, programmes etc. Many of us use the Kettleworx DVD set.
Have fun!

Welcome to kettlebells, i also started on a 5kg but don't worry if u can't manage the 8kg yet it's amazing how quickly ur strength builds x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi and welcome! A lot of people do start with a 5kg, if the 8 is a bit much for now Tesco do a great value 5kg! Look forward to hearing how you get on! :)

beckyR said:
How is everyone getting on with their work outs? im starting tomorrow.x

Good luck I'm sure u will love it as much as we do x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How's it going Ayirela & beckyR?

Back