Exercise whilst on SS

skinikki

Silver Member
Im just into week 5 and was wandering how much exercise other people do whilst on SS. I have just started running again and only had a 2.5lb loss this week. Does the amount of exercise you do effect your rate of loss due to putting on muscle? Should I cut back on the running until I come off SS?:confused:

I cycle daily (anything from 7 miles to 120 miles per week) and I go running four times per week following a training plan for a 10K run. I do 20-60 minutes jogging depending on the day and interval training.

I also do Wii Fit muscle training (when I remember) and a weekly yoga class.

I've not had any issues with loss when I've done stuff or not. I hurt my back and had a week off training and there was no change in my weight loss (my mood was awful though).

Were you doing that much before you started or did you start as part of the diet?

I was doing that before I started although the Yoga Class is new (I need some strength building since hurting my back).

The only change in my running is that it takes less time to get to a hard part before I break through like hitting a mini wall.

Have just looked at your ticker...you have lost loads...well done. How long did it take you?:)

I lost most of it through Slimming World and only started CD at 169lbs (after getting down then eating myself up there with wedding stress). It's been an on-off journey since Nov 2004 but, if I had bothered to be consistent, it would have taken under a year with Slimming World.

I've gone from 169lbs to 149lbs in three weeks with CD.

well the cdc i saw - said to excercise as much as poss - as every little helps . u might gain a few lbs of muscle weight because u exercise - but thats a good thing :) it shud help ur overall loss - toning will also help - yoga is good

Thankyou, will keep up with the running and add some swimming too. Am on my feet all day with my job too and take a couple of aerobics classes at school so am pretty active. Hope this week was just a blip and I loose more next week.:)

Back