exercise

Hi Anya

My only advice would be to be a bit careful. I did a spinning class this morning and felt very light headed afterwards, bearing in mind the women are on 500 cals per day roughly I would advise to to it in moderation as I've learnt my lesson this morning.... What's everyone else's views?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I am planning on starting some aerobics after the first week is up, apparently you can do moderate exercise after the first week so my pharmacist said, as long as you don't push it too far :)

My pharmacist was against me doing anything in the first week and not doing too much after that (he said it can actually affect weight loss - don't know why maybe body slows down burning fat or something). You are burning fat anyway so probably only need to focus on a bit of strength training to conserve muscle mass. I did this for 6 weeks and the first two weeks I wouldn't have wanted to do much exercise but by week 3 I was cycling and dragging the dog out for 5 mile walks. You need to make sure you drink enough water if you exercise (go up to the 4 litres recommended rather than 2 litres). Bascially just listen to your body somedays you'll have energy to burn and others you'll just want to flop on the sofa (sometimes even in the same day). It's all normal on this diet. xxxx

Hi, yes just listen to your body, and exercise if you can without killing yourself and don't forget to drink extra water. Just try not to take too much on yourself. Good luck.

Before I came off for xmas I was working on my feet all day then going to the gym 4 times a week, I have never had so much energy! I wasnt sleeping until late in the day, I drank an extra litre of water for every hour in the gym I did and I lost 6lbs and 7lbs in some weeks, so if you feel like you can do it go for it! =D xxx

hey there, i was wondering the same. Im on day 2 of LT and just done an hour at the gym. I hope it doesnt slow down my weight loss and im going to take it easy naw for the first few weeks :)

As long as you replace the water your body sweats out during heavy exercise it shouldn't slow your weight loss down, about a litre for every hour of exercise is what was recommended to me xxx

thanks thats very helpfull to no :) x

This is very interesting for me. I have now lost over 10 st and still have 3 or so to go. I find I have very little energy. When I go upstairs I find it difficult for lat flight ( I have 3) but , once I get there then I recover really quickly. I went for a 2 mile walk yesterday - which I felt fine with until I came to a small incline = then I felt like I had no energy - but again I recover very quickly. I was told that with the LT diet once you have passed the 1st week or so and you have used up all your glycogen stores you are then taking your energy directly fr4om stored fat which is a slower process and results in the feeling of low energy momentarily. Does anyone else have a view on this or am I doing something wrong?

Well done Jeeze!! Thats amazing!! You too brochmor - fantastic losses and motivational :))
There was a lady on here about a year ago that I remember and she was a hardcore gym-er - she used to have protein after a sesh to help repair the muscles. Depening on what you are doing u could need some more info - LT diminishes muscle by 25% and body fat by about 75% roughly so u may need to tweak you ideas for best results.?? Muscle burns more cals so it makes sense to put some work in there too as this will make your metabolism faster when you come off the programme!!
hope thats of some help.. not much help completely as I am no gymnast sadly :( but would like to be!!! LOL! I am very bendy but I think this is all that works in my favour!! PMSL! x

Compared to carb molecules- fab molecules produce 4 times more energy than carbohydrates/ glucose! So in theory after ketosis kicks in you will have more energy to perform exercise- however if you do not exercise at all at the mo- i wouldn't go to doing aerobics classes with/ without lipotrim!

Start off small, walking on tread mill, small amount of weights...then increase it each time.

Of course exercising will help you loose more weight as you are burning more fat :) but like prev posts listen too your body :) also if you are losing large amounts of fat- exercise will help MASSIVELY with toning and help firm up flabby skin left behind :) especially in the breasts- but if your not used to exercise, get a programme made by the gym team, they will make you a free programme!- or should!

well done jeeze!

Compared to carb molecules- fab molecules produce 4 times more energy than carbohydrates/ glucose! So in theory after ketosis kicks in you will have more energy to perform exercise- however if you do not exercise at all at the mo- i wouldn't go to doing aerobics classes with/ without lipotrim!

Start off small, walking on tread mill, small amount of weights...then increase it each time.

Of course exercising will help you loose more weight as you are burning more fat :) but like prev posts listen too your body :) also if you are losing large amounts of fat- exercise will help MASSIVELY with toning and help firm up flabby skin left behind :) especially in the breasts- but if your not used to exercise, get a programme made by the gym team, they will make you a free programme!- or should!

Thanks - as I am a man I'll not worry about the breasts bit! I am also 55 so again the lose falbby skin that comes with the weight loss I have is something I'll have to live with. I am not worried about what I look like naked. I will hopefully be getting an apronectomy when I have my hernia done - but of course with the NHS there are no guarantees!

WOW bigjeeze- just noticed you have lost 153lb!!!! that is amazing well done!!!!!

how long have you been on lipotrim? if you want to build muscle do heavier weights at low repetitions (about 3/4 sets of 8) if you want to tone do more reps but at lower weights (about 20 reps of 3 sets) but again if you have never done weights start small and let the gym team guide you!!!

WOW bigjeeze- just noticed you have lost 153lb!!!! that is amazing well done!!!!!

how long have you been on lipotrim? if you want to build muscle do heavier weights at low repetitions (about 3/4 sets of 8) if you want to tone do more reps but at lower weights (about 20 reps of 3 sets) but again if you have never done weights start small and let the gym team guide you!!!

I am unemployed at the moment so can't afford a gym and to be honest I find exercise very very uninteresting. So far I have been doing a lot of walking and the occasional rowing session.

Thank you soo much for the advice guy`s and a big well done on all your weight losses .... So its simple basicly exercise untill your body tells you to stop!!

Back