exercise?

nancynoo

i just wondered what exercise everyone does and they find the best etc
i walk alot, use the wii and have just started swimming again after 12 years of being embarrassed to wear a swimming costume.

Cardio machines such as the treadmill, rower and bike and I do weights and resistance training - really great ways of exercising. Walking is great so keep at it :)

I have a personal training session once a week- I started walking on the treadmill now I run- i also use the cross trainer, and weights machines like inner and outer thigh, lat pull down, chest press, leg press etc then I do 20 x push ups, sit ups, reverse crunches, left then right leg raises, hip thrusts and air bikes.

6 months ago I couldnt walk but I am now working towards running, I too have a personal trainer session once a week for weight training and do various activities through the week ranging fitness videos to simply time on my eliptical trainer. I do at least an hour every day. Walking isnt enough for me and I am going through my third plateau having stayed the same for 3 weeks. Its so frustrating an tempting just to sit down and rest when you dont see immediately results.

Definatly combine weight training and cardio
Weight training - tears minute muscle fibres so keeps your metabolism up
cardio - to burn the fat - brisk walking, running, circuit training,boxercise

combine both together and healthy eating.. will do very well

Back