Exercise

dipsy1512

How many of you exercise to support your SW plan? I have lost weight before following ee and didn't really exercise so I was wondering how much difference it makes to your weight loss besides the health benefits

Its difficult to tell as I have always exercised but totally agree with Jezzi - the toning is the biggest benefit. A pound of fat takes up twice the amount of space as a pound of muscle, and burns 50 calories a day less! Meaning that reducing your fat and increasing you muscle will make you look smaller - even if the actual weight stays the same! :character00116:

And as you say there are all the other health benefits too......

I go to the gym 3-4 times per week, the closer I get to target, the more I need to exercise. When I first joined I found I could still lose weight and not really exercise but now if I don't do any exercise I'm lucky to lose even half a pound, but unlike when I first joined, I actually enjoy going to the gym now and have a new found love for running, which is something I never thought I would say in a million years!

I've just bought myself EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii - I like the fact it comes with a heart rate monitor so you know you're working harder!!

I often find the Wii games are a bit pants when it comes to actually exerting yourself!!

I have exercised quite regularly for the past few years no matter what weight i am. At the moment i'm on week 2 of the Turbofire program and it's AMAZING, i am a sweaty mess at the end but i did lose 5lbs on my first week!

I do tend to lose weight easily (she says the day before second weigh in! - hope i havn't jinxed myself!) which i think is helped along by my exercise...but i still put it on quickly too when i'm in a binge eating cycle which does prove that diet is the biggest factor in weight loss.

That being said, i don't exercise to lose weight, i do it for the heath benefits and because i've grown to love that feeling at the end of it, keeps me sane, helps me deal with stress better and helps me have a deeper sleep too.

I'm with you, chocolatebananas! I exercise because I feel so much better after it. The extra bit of weight loss is a benefit if it happens! But toning is way better - there's no point in being really slim if I still have flabby thighs and hips :)

In the Body Magic pamphlet, it says that by exercising regularly you increase your weight loss by up to 1-2 stones a year.

I'm on week 2 and havent done any exercise at all... actually I walked home from work one night which was about 30 minutes but that's extremely rare!... I know at some point I am going to have to in order to minimise lose skin etc but I am the first to admit that I am just too lazy. after a day at work I just want to sit on the sofa with my snuggie and my kindle x

I started SW 23 weeks ago, gym about 20 weeks, me and my Hubby. we go to the gym few times a week, sometimes even every day :D . we are losing weight but we also look different, I have biceps now, not bingo wings, and calf muscles and can feel muscles in my tummy and legs, my Hubby now is in a t-shirts L from XXXL and got muscle definition not just fat. excersice sometimes makes you lose weight slower because of the weight of the muscle but you look nicer, slender and toned I think anyway :D

I exercise at least 3 times a week and I do a tummy toner everyday and have been doing the tummy toning for nearly 3 weeks now and I have noticed a difference (I have an over hang and alot of loose skin especially on my lower tummy and pubic area) I would also say that with me exercise can help me loose weight or some weeks I can gain so a bit of both really.

I also have started doing kettlebells and after a few teething problems I absolutely love using them, my favourite ways to work out are riding, doing weights and dancing.

I exercise and what a difference it has made, I am toned, leaner, less flabby and feel great in clothes. I don't think I would have felt this good if I didn't exercise whilst losing weight. Plus my muscle definition is coming on leaps and bounds! Go for it, motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going! xx

I've started walking, 8 miles at the weekend and 2 miles every other day. Want to do something to stop the loose skin scenario but my back is weak and I get a lot of pain on sudden movements sometimes, what do others do thats not too strenuous for my back?

I've started walking, 8 miles at the weekend and 2 miles every other day. Want to do something to stop the loose skin scenario but my back is weak and I get a lot of pain on sudden movements sometimes, what do others do thats not too strenuous for my back?

Start doing really light weights - bicep curls for example with bottles of water or tins of food. Investing in a resistance band would be good too. Try and make sure you engage your core muscles (hold your tummy in) to support your back in all exercises. To be honest if you are walking 8 miles without any back pain you might be surprised at what you can do. Have you tried a beginners pilates class? That's great for core strength, which in turns supports the back - and there are no sudden movements!

I excersise every day for atleast 30 minutes or more, all at home, aerobics, yoga, pilates or weight training and i love doing it. It makes me feel good and along with dieting it's really changing the shape of my body, much leaner and less wobbly now!
The firm dvds are fantastic! :)

I excersise every day for atleast 30 minutes or more, all at home, aerobics, yoga, pilates or weight training and i love doing it. It makes me feel good and along with dieting it's really changing the shape of my body, much leaner and less wobbly now!
The firm dvds are fantastic! :)

Oooh i have The Firm 500 calorie workout, it's ace!

How many of you exercise to support your SW plan? I have lost weight before following ee and didn't really exercise so I was wondering how much difference it makes to your weight loss besides the health benefits

As I understand it the exercise kicks up your metabolism, your body burns through that fat not just when you are doing the exercise but throughout the day. It maybe accounts for a half pound or so a week at most.

I found doing both the exercise and slimming world complimented each other.. I am beginning to even see a bit of definition in my upper body, underneath all the flab!

Hi, I exercise for the fun of it and if it helps my loss all the better. I horse ride and do step aerobics at home, both of which are enjoyable to me.

Start doing really light weights - bicep curls for example with bottles of water or tins of food. Investing in a resistance band would be good too. Try and make sure you engage your core muscles (hold your tummy in) to support your back in all exercises. To be honest if you are walking 8 miles without any back pain you might be surprised at what you can do. Have you tried a beginners pilates class? That's great for core strength, which in turns supports the back - and there are no sudden movements!

Thanks for that, some good advice, I have no trouble with the walking though I ache like mad when I get home :D), it really is just when I lift things or bend too quickly etc that my back plays up, i will give the bicep curls a go, I suppose as I lose weight my back may ease up a lot!

Back