Extra Easy: Ideas for 0/low syn savoury snacks

haileyhaiz

I've got the snack book from class but there's so much in there I don't know where to start?

Just want some ideas for 0/low syn savoury snacks. I love my crisps and have seen about making your own in the microwave? Has anyone tried this??

I also crave savoury snacks, I find julienned carrots and cucumber just don't cut it for me. As a South African I love biltong which is syn free, very spicy and also very filling, so tiny quantities satisfy the craving. Many non SA's don't like it but give if you think you could like it give it a try. I also keep some slices of ham in the fridge but try not to dig in too often. Pickled onions with cheese (either synned or as my HEA) also hit the spot. Boiled eggs with a sprinkle of salt, or better still on a ryvita (HEB) spread with marmite.
But I will be watching this thread with interest because savoury snacks are my downfall.

How about making syn free houmous & having that with say carrots or on toast as part of hexb, or I'm sure you could find something to have it with.

Struggling what else to suggest other than keep soup to hand.

Oh another thought on the chickpea basis falafels, now they are yummy & can be made syn free, oh & butter bean burgers, butter beans are super free;)

Thanks will try these! Just need something I can take to work just incase, tesco is to easy to nip to and buy something naughty so least if I go prepared I'll be fine lol

Back