Extra Easy...or not?

Hi peeps, i have just returned to SW, when i did it a couple of years ago the Extra Easy plan had just come out, now i have returned it seems quite a big thing, i am a bit sceptical, who's on it and does it work?

Yes, it does work. You only need to take a look around this forum and see the fantastic results members have had.

One thing I'd say to you is just trust in the plan. It might seem different to what you are used to, but it works.

It's worked well for me so far!...and as said above, you'll see its worked for loads of others too if you see people's stats on the forum :)

Wow great stats, i think you are right Princess Stevie, i need to believe in the plan....dont you both struggle with only 1 A & 1 B choice? that's my only concern

Yes it works. SW wouldn't promote it if it didn't work.

You must focus on the third superfree foods though, other than that, not a lot to think about.

You will find people who it doesn't work for, but I think these are the minority. I'd say at my group 90% of people follow EE - only the "old school" people follow red and green.

It depends really. I always use my Healthy A choice for Cheese, and my B choice for cereal bars/bread. What I will often do is choose 5 Laughing Cow Light for my A and 2 Alpen Light bars for my B - that way I can split them up throughout the day, rather than using them all in one go.

On the other hand, if I've had a jacket potato with cheese for lunch, I'll just make something for tea that doesn't need cheese. Or if I really want cheese, use my Syns.

It can take some getting used to at first, but you will get there in the end :)

Thanks Jaylou, you are right i do feel a bit old skool sticking to the green and orginal plans, but they are my comfort zone, but with the help of Princess Stevie, she is changing my mind :) and yes i need to think more about the 1/3 of superfree i should be having xx

I too have been using the alpen bars, 1 for breakfast and the other for after dinner, like a dessert with 2 tbps of custard as that is my weakest time of the day!! the laughing cow's are a good idea, i can spread them out throughout, i have also reverted to cheddar light, so that way i get a little more for my option!! see most of my syns go on dressings or condiments, i just need to plan out better dont I!!

Nothing wrong with being old school! Plenty of people still do red and green with great results if that's what you'd prefer to do. Good luck x

Thanks Beegee, i just looked at your stats a whopping 7st2lbs, thats impressive, well done you!! hard grind no doubt, but i guess what you put in is what you get out, carry on you can see the finish line!! xx

I do almost entirely EE and have done since joining SW last September and it is definitely working for me! I too had done SW years ago and was sceptical about EE but as Jaylou said, the third superfree is vital as it causes you fill up on low calorie foods.

As for only having one healthy extra, it does take a bit of getting used to but the theory behind cutting it down is that you shouldn't really need it because the free foods list is much bigger. For example, on a green day you might have bread and chicken as your HExB choices but as the chicken is free on EE you don't need the second B.

I think EE is a brilliant plan as it is definitely just simple healthy eating. And yes, it does work.

Thanks very much! It's been a great journey and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I can honestly say I've not found it difficult because my head has been in totally the right place but I've had to be very patient of late as losses are now rather slow!

It's hard to give one piece of advice but I think it would be to not expect too much of yourself and to focus on smaller increments rather than the bigger picture. When I started at over 19 stone the idea of losing 9 stone seemed as likely as flying to the moon. However, after 2-3 stone peope were starting to notiice and pay compliments which spur you on, then you start dropping dress sizes, gaining awards etc and you start to reap the benefits. I'm now still a couple of stone overweight BUT I'm in a 14, am much fitter, don't feel self conscious the entire time and am not paralysed with shame when confronted with fairground rides I can't fit into or airplane seat belts that don't go around me. The difference to me has been immeasurable.

Lots of luck on your journey - whichever plan you chose!

Thanks Supergirl, what you say makes total sense, i find myself on a green day using chicken or bacon as a B choice, then on a red day using potatoes!! so effectively i could be doing it already without noticing it and of course limiting myself as im weighing the foods!! Like Princess Stevie said...i need to trust the plan... well done you, almost 6st lighter, i bet you feel great?

Thanks Supergirl, what you say makes total sense, i find myself on a green day using chicken or bacon as a B choice, then on a red day using potatoes!! so effectively i could be doing it already without noticing it and of course limiting myself as im weighing the foods!! Like Princess Stevie said...i need to trust the plan... well done you, almost 6st lighter, i bet you feel great?

I do feel much better, yes. I haven't set a target yet but I'm thinking of about 12 stone, so still another 3 to go.I have been getting lots of compliments lately and am now fitting in 18s rather than the size 26s I was in back in September. When I have done SW in the past I have never lost this much before and I think that my success is down to how easy the EE plan is. Princess Stevie is right. Trust the plan and you'll soon see results.

Again well done you, primarily to have kept so focused throughout and yes the rewards are great, one day i will be sharing them with you...and that's a promise to myself!!! i think the key for you now is to remember how you felt at 19st and how you feel now in a wonderful size 14!! You can get to maintenance!! Im so glad i joined this forum now!! Thanks :)

I bet that feels great, from a 26 to an 18, probably a dangerous stage to not become complacent though, and im sure with all the threads on here, we will all keep you going!! I'm going to plan a week ahead working round the EE, see how it goes, im sure i will enjoy it like you all say...thanks again everybody :D

Back