Extra Easy: Soup and ???

Hey everyone.

Not 100% sure where to post this. I was wondering now its getting colder what to people dunk in their soup other than bread? I love making my own soup and I used to enjoy dipping a crusty roll into it. So now I can either syn the crusty roll, or think of something else to dip in.

So I'm after ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks

CJ

If I've got any healthy extras left I have them like ryvita or crispbreads. I've also started to add orzo pasta to my soup as its really filling and I dont feel the need to dunk as much :)

You could have a Wholemeal roll (hexb) and maybe put it under grill to make it toasted. Not exactly a crusty roll but still nice.

Also the weight watchers petit pains used to be a healthy extra but I haven't checked recently. That is a crusty roll, looks like a mini baguette:

I had a lovely soup today and dipped Melba toast in it was LOVELY I miss dipping bread but these were a good substitute ;-) X

I make crispy sweet potato wedges sometimes to just go along with my soup. Not necessarily to dunk in but they add a little something to the meal.

I usually just dunk a HEXB of wholemeal bread or toast into it, pretty boring. However, if I've still got a HEXA and a HEXB left and I'm having a tomato based soup, I'll make a toasted cheese sandwich and dunk that. I make in a frying pan with frylight so I don't have to grease (and clean!!) a sandwich toaster. It's so good and really comforting on a cold night :)

rubyeskimo those crispy sweet potato wedges sound nice. How do you make them?

I cut a sweet potato into quite small wedges and put in a bowl. Spray 2-3 sprays of frylite and then tos with some dried herbs or a sometimes I add some paprika or fajita seasoning. Then just throw into a baking dish and put in the over for 45 minutes or so.

Another vote here for using the HEXA and HEXB to make a toasted cheese sandwich, goes great with soup! :)

chunky soup with pasta in - thats what i do - make it as thick as possible so its like a full meal and you dont need to dunk!

Back