Extra Easy: The difference between Granary and Wholemeal.

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
Hi all,

I have just joined SW and I noticed that it allows you to eat up to 1 x 60g wholemeal roll a day as part of your healthy extra.

I just wanted to know why you can only have Wholemeal and not something like Granary?

Chris

I *think* it's because granery bread doesn't contain enough fibre to count as a Healthy Extra. If you want granery bread you can have it though - just count it as part of your Syns.

Yes nothing is off limit, including cake,chocolate,crisps, and alcohol BUT you must syn those. Regarding the bread, granary contains nuts and malted grains and these have to be synned. I must admit I'm not bothered about not having bread, but if I do have bread granary is my fave.

Thank you guys, that actually makes a lot of sense!

I do agree with you though about granary being absolutely lovely.

I dont think you need worry too much Craig to be honest. Your stats are quite fantastic and at target so go on be a little tinker and have a little bit of what you fancy;);););)

I religiously order Warburtons Wholemeal 400g loaf so I can have it as my HEX B but Asda thought it was okay to substitute it for Warburtons 600g Wultigrain bread. HOW DARE THEY!? Lol, I'm not a fan of bitty bread so it got given away. x

I religiously order Warburtons Wholemeal 400g loaf so I can have it as my HEX B but Asda thought it was okay to substitute it for Warburtons 600g Wultigrain bread. HOW DARE THEY!? Lol, I'm not a fan of bitty bread so it got given away. x

Haha I like the passion and loyalty you show towards Wholemeal. How many slices of it does HEX B allow us to have per day?

The next step is to re tune my taste buds to prefer Wholemeal over white and granary! I think that will be far harder than this weight loss malarky will end up being! haha.

How VERY dare they! I have it every morning.

ChrisPoole, it's funny you ask that. We're allowed 60g for Hex B and yet each Warburton's slice is about 22-24g a piece. So usually two but if I'm feeling rock n' roll crazy I throw caution to the wind and have three ;)

Haha I like the passion and loyalty you show towards Wholemeal. How many slices of it does HEX B allow us to have per day?

The next step is to re tune my taste buds to prefer Wholemeal over white and granary! I think that will be far harder than this weight loss malarky will end up being! haha.

You can have 2 slices of a 400g loaf or one of 800g. But i would weigh the bread as you can have 60g and some times that can be 2 slices of 800g depends how thick its cut. If its slighty over just syn the rest.

How VERY dare they! I have it every morning.

ChrisPoole, it's funny you ask that. We're allowed 60g for Hex B and yet each Warburton's slice is about 22-24g a piece. So usually two but if I'm feeling rock n' roll crazy I throw caution to the wind and have three ;)

I'll tell you what AbFab... you sound like a pretty bad ass person to me ;).

Thanks Craig, I think I'm going to make an effort to start weighing stuff more now rather than just wing it. Will probably end up for the better!

the gigantic rolls at Aldi, wholemeal and granary have on their nutritional content identical fibre content.... The granary are about 10x better. The only good thing about wholemeal bread is it tastes nowhere near as nice, so you arent nearly as tempted.

You can have 2 slices of a 400g loaf or one of 800g. But i would weigh the bread as you can have 60g and some times that can be 2 slices of 800g depends how thick its cut. If its slighty over just syn the rest.

I dont think i have ever bought precut wholemeal bread, the thought of it makes me queasy. Now i can live with a fresh uncut loaf from places like co-op or morrisons. Morrisons wholemeal baguette is actually not too bad at all. At about 220 grams though, thats a lot of syning going on.

I can justify it to myself though.. I double and triple my healthy extras, as i am only trying to maintain. The first 120g, double healthy extra, the next ten are syned, stuff it full of lean meats and salad, voila....

Back