Extra easy

TJC

Hi all. This is my first proper post so firstly hello!

I am back on SW as of two weeks ago and so far I am finding that I am really in the right frame of mind which is a good start.

My question really is about the extra easy plan. I have been to SW on and off since 2002 and in my head it is original or green and never shall they meet ;)
My SW brain just says no no no! Have you found that it works as well as sticking to 'red' or 'green' days alone?

I know the answer is probably to try it and see but I always have the best weightloss early on and don't want to risk that if that makes sense?

Sorry for the ramble!

I think it really is a case of try it see. Some people swear by it and do nothing else.
Personally I don't think it works as well for me as green days do

hello and welcome. Why don't you try a mixture of all three. if you know you are going to be eating out extra easy is the way forward eg steak and jacket potato and no counting. evryone on here has different opinions. some people who are new to SW have only done EE and lost loads of weight. Keep a diary and see what suits you xx

Only been doing Sw for 5 weeks now, 1st 2 weeks i stuck to red and green, as couldnt get by head round the EE one, kept thinking how could it work, but gave it a try and have done nothing else since..i love it :) and have lost every week. As starlight said think its just a case of trying it and seeing how u go, after all u wont know untill u try......good luck!!!

Thanks all :D

I will give it a go this week and report back!
I am determined to do it this time, lose all the weight and do it properly.

You may want to remind me of this enthusiasm in a few weeks when I am maintaining and I am fed up!

I follow extra easy as it fits in with my lifestyle and I dont have to think too much about what I'm cooking - I have lost 8lbs in 3 weeks and have lost every week, was told by a consultant the sw did a survey and found that people who followed extra easy for the whole week lost more than doing a red day, green day, extra easy day mixed up.

Good luck :)

Hiya,
I went from doing 7 months of green/red days to EE just the other week. I found that I get a stedy 1lb loss a week with EE and about 1 - 1.5lb a week loss with red/green days. I have now tried mixing them up to see if that works too. Its all trial and error I guess. Still cant get my head around EE as it seems TOO easy but yet I am loosing weight with it.

can you help me please and tell me what exactly extra easy is... im ment to be doing it now but i still cant get my head around it and the extra easy book doesnt really say much... can i snack throughout the day?? is it just free foods??? ahhhh help please i put on 1lb last week i need it offf!!!!!

Hi i am doing EE and have stuck to this plan every week since i joined and average 1.5lb per week. I find it so easy, basically whatever is free on green and red days is free on EE. The only difference is that you have one A and one B healthy extras, you still have your 10-15 sins per day. I hope this helps Kittykat.

Hi i am doing EE and have stuck to this plan every week since i joined and average 1.5lb per week. I find it so easy, basically whatever is free on green and red days is free on EE. The only difference is that you have one A and one B healthy extras, you still have your 10-15 sins per day. I hope this helps Kittykat.
yes it does help thank you... but say i wanted to have a bit of chicken? can i have that on its own? or do i need to add stuff to it like a 3rd chicken 3rd veg 3rd potatoes? or is that just for the 3 main meals a day? can i snack on free foods on there own during the day?

nope u can have the bit of chicken u can snack all day on anything thats free on green or red day i have only ever did the ee and cant see me trying any of the other days just cant seem to get me head round them :)

and you can loose just as much weight on this plan as the red and green days??? its seems to good to be true its so easy and its normal food... im the same i only really use 1 a and b.. also my group leader is saying we use the highest value syn mmm ill check with her next tues

thanx for all your help girls

I've done all EE this time, and lost 2st 9lbs. I like the lack of thinking, and it suits me. I liked green days but didn't lose well on them, and was hungry on red. Try it! You just have to make sure you don't eat portions of both meat and carbs at red/green level, you can overeat. But you take the lower syn value on EE.

Yep im an extra easy girl too;) I have done EE from the start in Jan09 and now lost 5st 4.5lb and I really find it sooo easy. Defo give it a go everyone at my class that has done it getting really good weight loss. I would say you need to do it for a few weeks as I seem to get about 8-10lb off every 4 weeks but it may be a chunk one week, sts for a week then another chunk. Just see what works for you honey.

Just to update. I did extra easy all week, one slip up (very minor) and gained half a pound :( I really am fed up! but.... back on the original and green days for a bit.

I tried EE for 2 weeks and I lost 2.5 each week. Still on it just now, I'll see what the damage is this week.

I've done all EE this time, and lost 2st 9lbs. I like the lack of thinking, and it suits me. I liked green days but didn't lose well on them, and was hungry on red. Try it! You just have to make sure you don't eat portions of both meat and carbs at red/green level, you can overeat. But you take the lower syn value on EE.

Totaly agree with Judi here, especially about the overeating bit. When you have your 3 main meals a day, just have a normal size meal on your plate but make sure you have enough to eat and don't leave yourself hungry or you will think its not for you. I find I snack less on EE for some reason and I don't get mood swings either.

Back