'Extra Lean' Lamb Mince

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Does such a thing exist? And if so, where do I purchase such a wonderful foodstuff?

I can find 'lean' but not 'extra lean' :mad:

Want moussaka!!

I can't find extra lean lamb or pork mince here only lean.

What I do (and I know you are not supposed to). Is dry fry the mince off first. Drain off any fat and then blot it all with some kitchen paper to absorb any extra fat that is left behind.

Then once I have done that, I then add all the other ingredients.

No no no blotting or rinsing for me!

Extra lean pork mince you can get in the Tesco and Sainsbury's be Good To Yourself and Healthy Living ranges.

Lamb, not beef.

And arrghhhh no-Waitrose-in-Liverpool!!!! *cry*

Lamb, not beef.

And arrghhhh no-Waitrose-in-Liverpool!!!! *cry*

Ooops so sorry hun, wasn't paying attention :eek:

If you can't find any extra lean lamb how about buying some lean leg steaks and blitz in your food processor? I had a hard time finding minced turkey breasts and in the end I just bought some turkey breast steaks and minced at home in my crappy little food processor and it came out perfectly like any mince I've ever bought in a pack. Try it!

Too expensive and too much effort dude. We're poor here in war torn Liverpool, that's why there's no Waitrose :p

Am gonna try Turkey mince and add crumbled lamb stock cubes and see how that turns out. 1/3 of the price too.

LOL! Good luck, and tell us how it turns out! Turkey mince is delish!

No no no blotting or rinsing for me!

Extra lean pork mince you can get in the Tesco and Sainsbury's be Good To Yourself and Healthy Living ranges.

Lol I do not rinse my mince. (that rhymes hehe) I just drain it in the saucepan and blot the top.

They only do extra lean beef mince here. So if I want lamb or pork mince, then I have to do it that way.

My weight losses doesn't suffer (yet) from doing it like that.

Mind you I have always dry cooked my mince, and drained off the fat. I hate not doing so, especially when making things with sauces, as you end up with grease bubbles (yuck).

If I do burgers etc, all mine are cooked on the George Foreman, so all the fat drains off them.

you can make Moussaka with beef mince too, it is not the traditional method, but it works just as well.

I did a moussaka last week using beef mince.

Back