Extreme Slimmers TV Programme

Madferret

Mad as a Hatter
Did anyone else see this last night - think it was on Channel 4... showed people who had lost large amounts of weight - 1 guy had lost 45 stones, how they had done it,ie gastric bands etc but also the issues that they were having with excess skin..
It was a very good programme, if not a tad scary...
Just makes me wonder what Fern Britton is like without clothes...:eek::eek:

yea i saw it. But the woman who lost loads with the red hair still wasnt happy.
I just dont see it as a long term thing.
x

Yeah she had had a gastric band and still wasn't happy so she then had a gastric bypass, which meant that she could only absorb 30% of the nutrients etc from her food...then she got pregnant and didn't know this would affect all the work that she had done. Not too sure I would go to those extremes, but I suppose if you are so unhappy, you might be driven to anything

She looked fantastic with clothes on but I guess the whole reason why we want to lose weight is so we feel happy withourselves, clothes on and off. She did have to lose 15 stone and the probs with gastric bypass is that you lose it very quickly, whereas a gastric band is a little bit slower, so your skin actually has a chance to shrink back with you.

I was thinking a while ago about having a gastric bypass but the only thing that stopped me having it done was the loose skin. I would rather be large that having to tuck my stomach skin in my knickers.

Now I am more than happy to lose 2lbs a week and know that I shouldn't be left with too much loose skin.

One thing for me that hit home about this programmes was that no matter how you lose weight you have to change your relationship with food.

45 stone thats a ****ing girl band infact thats probably more than what girls aloud weigh! i worry bout my skin going back the same stretch marks are just my biggest thing at the moment i hate them and i know they fade i just want my old flat stomache back hehe

Did anyone else see this last night - think it was on Channel 4... showed people who had lost large amounts of weight - 1 guy had lost 45 stones, how they had done it,ie gastric bands etc but also the issues that they were having with excess skin..
It was a very good programme, if not a tad scary...
Just makes me wonder what Fern Britton is like without clothes...:eek::eek:

Missed that programme:sigh:

Fern Britton looks great without her clothes on...click on this link below and you will see her wearing a bikini last summer.

Littler Britton Fern is back in a bikini as she hits the beach five stone lighter | Mail Online

Love Mini xxx

I know someone that's had a gastric band, and yes he's lost lots of weight, had the dietician, but still exists on bits of sausage roll and chinese takeaways! Sometimes education falls on deaf ears. Then he'll want the skin taking away! And there are people desperate for hip replacements, I really don't know. We're all taking responsibility for our overeating!

Back