fasting my way to a size 12

Hi,

I’m new to this JUDDD business. I thought it might suit me because I feel like I’m actually addicted to food, in the same way you could be addicted to anything. It’s pretty much all I think about. I eat when I’m sad, happy, bored, content, devastated, whatever the mood I just love food. I know the only way to beat an addiction is to completely stop doing the thing you’re addicted to, but you obviously can’t do that with food so this seems like a compromise. I’ve tried every single diet going, I had a lot of success with slimming world but all the weight went back on as I started to resent fry light... and bloody baked beans... and quark... don’t get me started!
Anyway my first day of fasting was last Friday, it went ok. I had a special k cereal bar for breakfast which suits me as I’m hungry first thing, but need something quick so I can be off to work, then for lunch I had a meal replacement shake thing. The one I had was a breakfast one called fuel and was chocolate, it tasted good and it was just a fast, easy, convenient way of having the calories and having the right stuff.. I.e protein, fats, carb all in one shake. For dinner I had an urban kitchen soup with was 90something calories and tasted quite nice, and lasted a while as soup does... felt like an actual meal. In amongst the (admittedly quite rubbish) food, lots of coffee to keep me energised... to a degree. It wasn’t easy, but I did it and when I got home, I didn’t feel close to death like I thought. I had the soup, sat and watched tv to take my mind off it, and went to bed.
Next day i ate lovely things, and the day after more lovely things.
Fasted again on Monday, with the same foods as before. It was tough as I was working til 8 and after 6 was feeling a bit... peckish... but before that good energy levels, no different to usual really. If anything possibly more focused as not thinking about food.
Nice things tuesday
Today was the real test. No work, just a full day, me and my 3 year old. And a trip to our cafe, which we do every Wednesday, usually for a yummy lunch followed by cake and cappuccino. Today just a child’s lunch for daughter and coffee with a tiny bit of milk for me.
And the same things as the other fasting days except swapped the tomato urban kitchen soup for a carrot and coriander one. Exciting times.

Well I survived anyway. It’s been a long day... a really long day..

Just thinking about tomorrow now and back to normal yummy food.

Will weigh in Friday after fasting and add to profile

Welcome back Princessmum:classic_smile:

Looks like you are doing very well with JUDDD...fingers crossed for a good WI on Friday.

Good luck with JUDDD

Well it was going really well!
First week result was 5lb off!
I’m really pleased as this is similar if not better than a first slimming world week, and I did find it easier,

Unfortunately after 2 weeks away on holiday, eating out practically every night, it has all gone back on.. I’m pleased it hasn’t gone on on top of what I was before though so even though starting a week before a holiday might seem a bit mad, I’m glad I did it.

Back on it next week, and no holidays to get in the way.

Monday’s plan is
Special k bar for breakfast (96 cal)
Chocolate drink for lunch (an Atkins protein shake) 180ish kals
And some kind of posh pot noodle thing that’s 124 kcal for dinner
Plus milk for plenty of cups of coffee!

I’m so full and sluggish from all the holiday eating, I’m actually looking forward to tomorrow’s fast.

Maybe won’t be as enthusiastic come tomorrow evening when I’m starving,,, but there’s always Tuesday to look forward to :)

Hello princess mum.

May I ask what juddd is?

X

Hi, I had no idea either I had to google it and it’s dr johnsons up day down day diet. It’s just intermittent fasting, having 500 cal on a mon, wed, fri and over a 48 hour period your calorie intake is similar to if you were on a diet but you get one day of eating anything u like.

I read lots of reviews on his book on amazon and was sold.

Struggled today mainly due to the noodles being disgusting. Crystal noodles they were called. 134 cals and tasted awful but I had nothing else to have,

Looking forward to some proper food tomorrow and got through it in the end...

Think stomach has been stretched by eating too much food on my holidays!!!

Fasted last week pretty well considering that Wednesday was a snow day, as I’m trapped inside with two children all day. It was definitely the most testing day but I made it!
Back to the pre-holiday weight after a week so that’s good.

Swapped Monday for Tuesday this week fasting so have fasted today. It’s been absolutely fine other than my lunchtime protein shake thing was a bit foul tasting, but it’s been a very busy day so haven’t thought much about food.

Have had 404kals today.

Looking forward to tomorrow

Fasted tues and Friday last weekday to life getting in the way and having things on where fasting was not possible. Weighed in today and maintained, which is quite expected as I’ve eaten a lot of cake this weekend (mother’s dayand stuff)

Fasted today and really struggled.. I think a combination of having an afternoon dinner and not an evening meal yesterday plus having a chocolate shake that wasn’t very filling, a weetabix one, really tasty but probably not enough in to keep hunger away. Think I’ll stick with the Atkins protein shake things in future. Must be the protein that does it?

I’ve had a 86 kal breakfast (bar), shake (212) and a tomato soup (96) plus some milk/coffees (50) and a 10 kal jelly making a total of 454 cals.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and being able to eat...

Back