Fasting & SW!

I've been using my syns on dates and these grilled chicken patties I've been having (1.5 syns) instead of the fried chicken pakoras my folks have been having. We also have something called Kitchuri (savoury rice pudding - I have mine without ghee or oil so it's superfree ) with chickpeas and salad everytime.

Recipe:

The grilled chicken patties is just
-fat free skin free chicken breast, blended or minced,
then mixed with
- onions,
- green chillis,
- red peppers,
- coriander powder,
- gram flour,
- turmeric/haldi,
- garam masala (you have to add to any chicken recipe so it doesn't have that horrid chicken smell)
- salt,
- cumin
I think thats it, then I put foil on the tray and I fry lite it (maybe 3/4 sprays) and grill til golden on both sides.

Salaam everyone - Ramadan Mubarak !!!

It's nice see slimming world muslims on here and how they cope with fasting.

I'm trying to stick to my syns and allowances - good job the window time for eating is so short !!

I had toast and tea this morning for sehri - you guys ??

That's true, just get so thirsty sometimes, so I make sure I drink plenty during and after iftar til sehri. Toast and tea? Wow, try something with more fibre?

Ramadhaan Mubarak :)

I can't fast until next week :( so I'm taking this opportunity to be extra extra good for a brilliant loss next week.

I haven't been on plan for the last 2 weeks and have put on 3 lbs so I'm determined to lose that this week in sha Allah.

How's everyone fast going today?

What did you eat this morning?

Yes in sha Allah you have that 3 lbs loss! I'm trying to finish off my frozen batch of the 12 speed soup! So it'll also boost my loss isA

Had rice, milk and mangoes :)

I don't use fry lite since it contain alcohol in it.. Even though it says on the bottle that it evaporates when cooking, I haven't been able to find a fatwa to say we can use it so it's best to avoid it in my opinion.

I use flora sunflower oil spray. Ive been using it for the last 2 years without synning it but recently found that 7.5ml is 2 syns.. I'm not going to syn it because I never have and it's never affected my losses. Alhumdolillah I've lost consistently when I'm on plan and you don't need to use that much of it.

For me- I would rather my weight loss take a little longer than committing what could be a sin.

Attachments

• image-2641298155.jpg
    image-2641298155.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 91
Try the "fried" chicken as well if you want that takeaway taste...

Get skin less, boneless chicken pieces (I use thigh because I'm not a fan of breast) and sprinkle with salt and pepper...

Cook on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side and let them cool...

Then mix some mash powder (not made up) with some salt and Italian herbs..

Dip the chicken pieces with egg and coat with the smash powder mixture..

Lay on a tray and spray with oil spray and chuck in the oven for about 45 minutes and it is delicious. Best SW thing ever!

I don't use fry lite since it contain alcohol in it.. Even though it says on the bottle that it evaporates when cooking, I haven't been able to find a fatwa to say we can use it so it's best to avoid it in my opinion.

I use flora sunflower oil spray. Ive been using it for the last 2 years without synning it but recently found that 7.5ml is 2 syns.. I'm not going to syn it because I never have and it's never affected my losses. Alhumdolillah I've lost consistently when I'm on plan and you don't need to use that much of it.

For me- I would rather my weight loss take a little longer than committing what could be a sin.

Oh no, I didn't know about the alcohol, how silly of me. Thanks for letting me know, I shall ask someone soon in sha Allah on what is correct.

Try the "fried" chicken as well if you want that takeaway taste...

Get skin less, boneless chicken pieces (I use thigh because I'm not a fan of breast) and sprinkle with salt and pepper...

Cook on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes each side and let them cool...

Then mix some mash powder (not made up) with some salt and Italian herbs..

Dip the chicken pieces with egg and coat with the smash powder mixture..

Lay on a tray and spray with oil spray and chuck in the oven for about 45 minutes and it is delicious. Best SW thing ever!

Wow, that sounds brilliant, I might just cook that soon in sha Allah :) Thanks! Is it syn free?

Also, I read something about cous cous instead of smash, is that possible? :)

Oh no, I didn't know about the alcohol, how silly of me. Thanks for letting me know, I shall ask someone soon in sha Allah on what is correct.

Your welcome. Also make sure you're not eating muller lights- they have gelatine in them.

If you do find out from someone please could you let me know in sha Allah?

Wow, that sounds brilliant, I might just cook that soon in sha Allah :) Thanks! Is it syn free?

Yes it's syn free. Some would say its not, because you're not using it for its original purpose so would consider it as food abuse... So if you're with that school of thought then you'd need to syn the smash.. I don't.. And I have it with loads of salad and its delicious!

Make your own mind up tho/ if you feel that your weight loss may be compromised then syn it- it would be many any.. 1-2 syns for LOADS of chicken..

Also, I read something about cous cous instead of smash, is that possible? :)

Yeah I've heard of it but never tried it...

Fasting & SW!

Your welcome. Also make sure you're not eating muller lights- they have gelatine in them.

If you do find out from someone please could you let me know in sha Allah?

Yes it's syn free. Some would say its not, because you're not using it for its original purpose so would consider it as food abuse... So if you're with that school of thought then you'd need to syn the smash.. I don't.. And I have it with loads of salad and its delicious!

Make your own mind up tho/ if you feel that your weight loss may be compromised then syn it- it would be many any.. 1-2 syns for LOADS of chicken..

Yeah I've heard of it but never tried it...

SubhanAllah what is wrong with me! I haven't been checking properly at all. Thanks for telling me, and I shall ask my brother in law who studies under the imam at East London Mosque soon as he's in Ithicaaf atm.

How was Sehri? Trying to keep hydrating myself :)

That's true, just get so thirsty sometimes, so I make sure I drink plenty during and after iftar til sehri. Toast and tea? Wow, try something with more fibre?

I should !!!- but i just cant face food at Sehri - todays sehri consisted of wakeup - brush teeth- down 2 glasses of water- mouthwash - back to bed. Real bad i know :-((

Pakistani mangoes are just lovely ( I had 2 last night) - I do try to fill up with fruit chaat first at Iftari - then onto anything else ;-)

SubhanAllah what is wrong with me! I haven't been checking properly at all. Thanks for telling me, and I shall ask my brother in law who studies under the imam at East London Mosque soon as he's in Ithicaaf atm.

How was Sehri? Trying to keep hydrating myself :)

Your welcome. Look forward to hearing from your brother.

Are you also in London?

My first fast is tomorrow in sha Allah! Off my holiday now LOL

I should !!!- but i just cant face food at Sehri - todays sehri consisted of wakeup - brush teeth- down 2 glasses of water- mouthwash - back to bed. Real bad i know :-((

Only bad if you didn't pray fajr.. ;-) lol x

Oh no, don't do that to yourself. Have cereal and fruit?

Your welcome. Look forward to hearing from your brother.

Are you also in London?

My first fast is tomorrow in sha Allah! Off my holiday now LOL

Only bad if you didn't pray fajr.. ;-) lol x

Yes! I live in London, what about you? :) Hope your first fast is going well dude ;)

weighed in last night... 4.5 lbs lost!

This week will show how the fasts truly affect my weight loss since yesterday was my first fast.

2 stone award (with the SW group) and reached club 10... But overall I've lost 3 stones 5 lbs now!

Ramadan Mubarak to all I only started fasting yesterday due to getting my period but was still cutting back and mainly drinking however my first day yesterday was fine felt ok think having less weight helps lost 2 lb last wk and 2 this wk so my total to date is 6 stone 4lb
Iftar tonight is prawns rice and salad what's others on?

Back