Fat Bloke checking in for duty

Mungo_D

I think and hope Im a WeMITT - just joined last night and have read so much that makes you feel humble but also give you real inspiration.

As a 27stone bloke, with 4 kids, house husband, my wife works away during the week, I have piled on the weight and always found an excuse. However my health has been getting worse, ulcerated legs, poor circulation, respiration, just generally falling too bit lol

I have tried and failed but now is the time i need to turn my life around. I need to see my kids grow up, I dont need to be beaten at football by my 4 yr old son cos im too big to catch him, lol

I started last week with a visit to dietician and started Gym on Thursday. so far so good although i havent weighed myself I have been a good boy and stuck to the healthy eating, based around the WW plan.

Reading all the stories in here makes you realise that there are people who are worse off and still do it and gives you inspiration. First weigh in is tomorrow so fingers crossed. My first aim is at 23st - so I can play wii fit with the kids....after that we shall just see where I go, what the goals are.

Nice to read a good friendly and supportive community and look forward to more interaction as i hopefully push forward into a new me. :)

MungoD

Welcome and best of luck on your journey. You'll find lots of advice and support on here and WW is a good diet choice, especially as you can fit it into family meals also.

My first tip for you is at least 3 ltrs of water or more a day!

Keep posting and I look forward to reading your journey.

Bren
X

Mungo, Hi hun you will be fine and running after your kids in no time. Up the exercise a little a day, drink water and stick to plan and you will feel lighter in no time xx.

Well done for taking that first step! When you see the numbers going down on the scales every week, it's great and keeps you motivated. My energy levels are increasing now I've lost a bit, I feel healthier and don't get out of breath so easily. I also don't feel such a failure now that I'm finally doing something about my weight.

Hi mungo D and all the best for your weight loss journey. this site is brilliant and there are alot of inspirational people on here it really helps me when Im having a bad moment.
Looking forward to keeping up with how yr getting along. Keep us posted! x

Hey Mungo,
Like everyone else, i wish you well on your diet, and this site is great, if not only for support, but for swapping recipes. Maybe keeping a weekly blog might help as well, would be interesting down the line to read it back, and see how far you have come xx

howdy howdy. welcome and good luck. everyone here is fabulous and very supportive. you'll be running around with the kids in no time!!

abz xx

Hi mungo and welcome to minis! youl find a rapport of support on here from people that have been doing this a while and lost a lot of weight. Ww is a fantasic diet and if you keep to it youl find those pounds just dropping off in no time! x the very best of luck to you!

Welcome to Minimins

Hope youll come and join us on the WW section, we could do with a man around ;)

mungo here with you pal and goodluck buddy

Back