Favourite pasta/rice salad ideas?

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi all!

I was wondering what your favourite rice or pasta salad ideas are? I'm stuck for ideas of what to mix into them! Particularly, what do you mix into them in terms of mayo/salad cream etc?

When I'm in work I make my lunch the night before as I don't have time in the morning (already get up at 6.30, which as a night owl is torture! :(). I find that things like mayo/salad cream/cheese triangles/philli have absorbed into the pasta by lunchtime the next day and are generally a bit mank :sigh:

Anybody got any nice recipes they'd like to share (I'm not a lover of fromage frais or quark! :yuk:)

Sian xxx

Hi Dudette,
firstly - go and write your essay!!

leftover roasted veggies - aubergine, red onion, courgette, (cherry) tomatoes - if you make too much for dinner, and then put in a tupperware with a tsp or two of balsamic. HEA of mozzeralla or feta is very good cubed and added too. Pack separately from the pasta or made up cous cous, mix when you are ready to eat

I love pasta with pesto mayo, cold chicken / ham and cherry toms, spring onion and cucumber. I usually add a dash of water to slacken the dressing (1 tbsp red. cal mayo 2.5 syns, 1 tsp pesto 1-2 syns)

Jamie has a recipe online called the best pasta salad - just watch the dressing balance when you cut down the olive oil - I made it years ago for a party and it is really good

another one I like is chopped up cold sausage with a tomatoey sauce covered leftover pasta - would need to add more superfree for EE though

For reasons unknown I'm not fond of rice salads - even when I like all the ingredients - something to do with texture, though I'll happily eat cold leftover risotto

Hi Dudette,
firstly - go and write your essay!!

leftover roasted veggies - aubergine, red onion, courgette, (cherry) tomatoes - if you make too much for dinner, and then put in a tupperware with a tsp or two of balsamic. HEA of mozzeralla or feta is very good cubed and added too. Pack separately from the pasta or made up cous cous, mix when you are ready to eat

I love pasta with pesto mayo, cold chicken / ham and cherry toms, spring onion and cucumber. I usually add a dash of water to slacken the dressing (1 tbsp red. cal mayo 2.5 syns, 1 tsp pesto 1-2 syns)

Jamie has a recipe online called the best pasta salad - just watch the dressing balance when you cut down the olive oil - I made it years ago for a party and it is really good

another one I like is chopped up cold sausage with a tomatoey sauce covered leftover pasta - would need to add more superfree for EE though

For reasons unknown I'm not fond of rice salads - even when I like all the ingredients - something to do with texture, though I'll happily eat cold leftover risotto

Cheers hun - fab ideas there! :)

P.S. I was taking screen shots of a computer program my pupils used during the course of my data collection - pain in the bum! Pasta salad was my 5 minute distraction :) xx

Have you thought about Couscous?......

Pete’s Moroccan Couscous Salad

Serves 2
2.5 Syn/each

Ingredients

100g couscous
½ tsp cinnamon
200mL boiling vegetable stock
10 pieces/56g ready to eat apricots, chopped finely
100g cucumber, chopped finely
2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped finely
Zest of a lemon
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
1 spring onion, chopped finely
* Pre-cooked chicken
* Runny honey

* Optional extra’s

Method

Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot stock. Mix with a fork, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.

Fluff up the couscous and add the other ingredients, add seasoning.
* Add chicken if you want.
Cover and put in the fridge to cool until required

Attachments

• Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    Chicken & Couscous (Large) (2).JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 592
This is my version of Devil's Pasta.

Shrimp (deveined)
Fresh Tomatoes (cut into 4)
Parsley
Chilies
Butter
Garlic
EV Olive Oil
pepper
salt
cream

Saute the garlic in butter then add the fresh tomatoes. Put a lot of olive oil. Sprinkle pepper and salt. Let it boil until tomatoes become saucy and thick consistency. Add chilies, salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream and the shrimp.

Toss with your favorite pasta!

Hi all!

I wasI find that things like mayo/salad cream/cheese triangles/philli have absorbed into the pasta by lunchtime the next day and are generally a bit mank

Why not just carry them separately and add them when you're about to eat it?

I make up batches of syn free tomato & veg, bbq and chilli sauces and freeze them in very small plastic tupperware boxes (2 for about 60p in ASDA), just take one out the freezer the night before and take it with you in the box, and mix it in at lunchtime. I got the idea when I started making my son purees and freezing those in the little baby cubes :).

Morning guys! I'm very new to SW and this forum so I'm just getting to grips with it all but very excited to get started :) so many of you have done so well!
Might sound like a daft question but like I say I'm still getting the hang of it but I'm looking for pasta salad ideas for lunch and was thinking if I make up pasta with a syn free salad dressing and lots of veggies it will be a free meal won't it??
Sorry if it is a silly question I just want to make sure I get this right and do as amazing as you all! :)
Thanks!!!

Back