Fed Up Been On Diet 5 Days And Weigh The Same!

Weighed myself this morning and I haven't lost any weight, I am really fed up now. I don't think I will ever be thinner than I am now, maybe its my age or something?? I am following the plan and eating less than I did before - just healthier things now!

I am going to portugal on 3rd July and I don't want another FAT holiday, I am not expecting miracles by then, I would be happy with a stone!! I love travelling and do go on lots of holidays and mini breaks but I never enjoy myself as much as I did when I was 9-10 stone. All the weight I am carrying makes me too hot and out of breath.

What can I do? Like Taz (I think?) I carry all the weight on my stomach and have the dreaded middle age spread, I have been doing all green days, but I can't think of anything to have on a red day.

PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GIVE UP YET AGAIN!

Look through some of the threads from earlier this week cos someone else asked for red suggestions. (I do red days everyday but people suggested some things that Id not thought of) Are you registered on lifeline online? because I have found some yummy recipes and eating plans on there c

that was supposed to be a 'x' not a 'c' xxx

Only a really quick post but 3 things...
1) Don't weigh yourself at home, they are not always accurate, leave it to WI (I know it's difficult to resist but try)
2) Have a look in the SW magazine the are always lovely recipes in there, also, I've recently discovered Butternut squash (thanks Steph) and these are free on red days and make meals much easier.
3) Keep with it hun and don't be disheartened by what your scales at home say, prove them wrong when you go to WI.

Good luck,
Lou xxx

Oh please dont get disheartened. Everybody's different and the scales do change up and down every day.

I have a friend who after a few weeks was only losing 1/2 per week and it was discovered that she actually wasnt eating enough. Loads of free food and B's and A's but infact her daily calorie count wasnt actually enough to keep her body sustained, perhaps its worth looking at that.

My advice would be wait till weigh in day, if you find that you've not lost or you're surprised by the scales on weigh in day then speak to your SW lady and see what she says. Write everything down and she'll be able to guide you.

This diet does work, sometimes it plays games and shifts a few inches instead of lbs and messes with our heads a bit, but all in all its great !

Good luck x

I was going to say exactly the same as T4A, you are probably not eating enough. I have lost over 50lb and I am always eating! Fill up on pasta as snacks (if you are doing greens) and have lots of mash or scrambled eggs. You may have sent your body into starvation mode which would prevent you from losing anything. Are you using your Syns? you must use them

I would also suggest doing some red days honey, you WILL get there!!

Red days are not easy for me either, but I have been told to have more to lose my tummy! :)

Look through the posts for red day suggestions, and Louise is right, butternut squash is a good free potato substitute (chips, mash, roasted)

Another good site for recipes etc is:
http://messageboards.ivillage.co.uk/iv-ukdfslimming and check out the Red Days Recipes and Tips section.

x

Ah babe you will be fine. Do a search on the site for red ideas and start from there. I wish i could help you more sweety but im a red phobe and only do a red day when my body craves meat.

Good luck babe and chin up

Ruthy xxx

Thanks I really appreciate all your words of encouragement, I am going to stick to it and not weigh myself until the WI. I have just made some carrot and coriander soup and it was lovely, even my daughter liked it!
Maybe I am not eating enough but I haven't felt hungry. Now I am having chicken with bacon and babybel cheese and veggies. Got recipe of this site. Cheers again x

The slimming world magazine has a seven day eating plan which has suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3-4 red days - I have found these really useful alongside the recipes/ideas on this site and the official site when planning my menu's.

Enjoy your dinner - it sounds licious :drool:

The 7 day plan in the magazine is a great idea if you aren't losing. Might help to give you an idea of what you should be eating etc

Back