fed up with counting points

Mazzerroo

Hi everyone :)
been doing ww since christmas and its been a bit up and down. Only lost 10lb :( just watched the horizon doc on you tube about this fast diet and must admit im very intrigued. So downloaded the book from amazon and going to start monday with a fast day. Does anyone do alternate days or 4:3? if so is the weight loss quicker? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Marie xx

Hi Mazzerroo,

I am pretty sure I remember reading or hearing somewhere that there was no significant difference in weight loss between sticking to either 5:2 or 4:3 so just do what is best for you - I have not actually followed the diet myself but like you am very intrigued by it. My husband however is currently trying it out and he has lost 4lb in only 5 days (he has also cycled) - I have always chosen SW to lose weight but I think this way of eating really may sway me as I can actually eat like a normal person most of the time!

Have you started yet? How is it going?

xx

Hi,

I've be doing a mix of 5:2 and 4:3 since Jan and it's working for me - just over 1Kg, 2Lbs a week. I have a lot to lose - so the restriction on the down days is perhaps worth more for me than people who have less to lose (It take more cals to keep a bigger body "running").

I'm hoping to start in about 6 wks. What's the drill for none fasting days? How many kcal's? Can u drink alcohol? X

I am doing the 5:2 version, I got the book from Amazon, only £3.85 free p&p. All the information you need is in there, but basically 500 cals on 'fast' days (no alcohol on those days) and then 'normal' eating on the other days, but don't go overboard on those days. I would like to lose about a stone and a half and the first week I lost 4.8lbs!

Thanks for the reply, I have the book just not had the chance to read it cover to cover yet. That's a really good loss, I would imagine u don't feel deprived at all knowing ur fast is only for one day. I plan to use meal replacement packs for my fast days as I think this will b easier for me to manage x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Personally I wouldn't bother with meal replacements - it's easier to buy in a calorie counted ready meal to fill you up, or try some soup. You'll be surprised how few calories there are in a full carton on Covent Garden soup.

I quite like to get a big bag of ready prepped stir fry veggies, throw in a hot wok with 10ml of oil and add some Oyster Suace for flavour. Easy and within budget.

Also - I do not eat until 5 or 6pm. After the first few fasts this has become pretty easy for me. I believe that the fasting effect is better if you don't eat for at least 12 hours and the longer the better, as your body dips into its own reserves.

Back