Feeling a little 'odd'

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Diva2B, 28 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    Hi

can I ask someones advice please?

I am on my first week of CD (day 5) and have felt a bit wobbly a few times. Walked out of the office into town (5 mins walk) and thought I was going to faint.
    Drinking lots (at least the 2.25 litres) and having the shakes (in more ways than one!). Have been very aware of my heart beating (like palpitations)
    Do I just need time to adjust or might something be wrong?

Thank you!

Michelle

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spannerpan

spannerpan Full Member

I am not sure about the palpitations. Have you had palpitations before? Do you have any heart problems? Obvious causes for palpitations would be caffeine and anxiety - have you been drinking more coffee or are you stressed? Shakiness can also be a sign of excess caffeine or anxiety. I know when I gave up smoking I guzzled coffee and had symptoms like you describe.

I would give NHS direct a call and ask for advice on it.

Let us know how you get on.

4. Diva2B

Diet:
    Thanks Anna....

I have had coffee, but switched to decaf when i started CD. I have only had coffee the last 2 days (decaf). No heart problems that i am aware of.

M x

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

this happens to people at various times and especially in the beginning. The right advise is to say if you are concerned, speak to your gp. just take it easy these first couple of weeks and don't do anything too strenuous. 2.5 litres is a good start but drinking a little more won't do you any harm and may help you.

try to space out your packs regularly as it will help steady your blood pressure.

it is likely to not be a problem at all but if concerned, see your gp :)

6. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

You might also have caffeine withdrawals aswell as the hardest point in diet . I often feel dizzy but i take 5 and have a drink adn then i feel better. its always best though to get things checked out if out of the ordinary

julesrush
    cdc norwich

7. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    This can happen, and if you are worried, then always see your GP, however, I would up the water. If you feel faint sit down, and drink at least half a litre of water slowly and relax. Aim for 3 and a half ltries of water per day to 4 ltrs if you can x

8. Diva2B

Diet:
    Thank you!

Thank you for your help.....
    Have had some serious food cravings but have overcome them with drinking more.
    I really must try to be more careful about timing of my 'meals' as I think that might ahve done it too.
    Weighed for the first time today (day 6) and lost 9lb. Delighted but starving (or craving!)
    Thanks again everyone

Michelle x

9. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hope your ok and like the others have said if it persists please do see your gp and good luck with the diet x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.