Feeling Blue

Hi there! I’m Blue - yes, I named myself after a velociraptor, bite me - and lately I’ve been feeling a little bit down about myself. Primarily my body, but there are a lot of things I want to change about myself and the way my life is at the moment, and I think that moving towards a healthier lifestyle is going to help me kickstart some of that positivity.

I’m not significantly overweight, but I do weigh more than I should, and at 19 years old these are changes I want to make now before I end up doing serious damage to myself through the pattern of binge eating and starving myself I’ve fallen into. My plan is to set an approximate calorie limit of 1200 with 1000 as the minimum intake, although I used to have an eating disorder and still struggle on and off, so I may lose the calorie limit if it becomes detrimental to my mental health and just focus on healthier dietary choices. I also want to try out the C25K programme, starting tomorrow morning if I can bring myself to do it. Alarm’s set for 7:00 AM. We’ll see.

Initially I’m going to aim for a goal weight of 120lbs, and adjust when I get there depending on how I look and feel. I’d really like to be a UK size 8, but if that’s not where my body’s meant to be I won’t push it.

I also want to smoke less. I’m not ready to quit completely, but I do want to cut down to help with my fitness and general wellbeing.

Even writing all that down and seeing it there in print is making me feel better. I’m taking a stand. This is my life and I get to choose how I live it. By 2019 I will be at my goal weight.

Sincerely, Blue.

Hi blue,

Wishing you all the luck in the world on your journey! Xx

Hi blue,

Wishing you all the luck in the world on your journey! Xx

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well, congratulations on losing 4 stone, that really is amazing. Are you following a particular diet?

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well, congratulations on losing 4 stone, that really is amazing. Are you following a particular diet?
Thanks very much! To be honest, I keep switching between exante and slimming world! I get bored easily! But I have started personal training 3 to 4 times a week which definitely helps! Xx

Back