Feeling despondent girls - motivation needed

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Hi girls

I'm due my WI tomorrow evening but I sneaked on the scales this morning. Now then, last week after WI I weighed myself at home and was exactly the same so I know my scales match SW's.

Well, I've lost ONE measley flaming pound :cry:

I've been to the gym four times this week. I've followed SW ridgedly. WTH?

God I'm fed up :cry:

I know exactly how you feel chick. I weighed myself yesterday 3 days after WI and I hadn't lost anything, even though I have been swimming and been on my bike.
I was so p'd off, I ate a bag of crisps and had a baileys last night :cry:

But I am back to it so far today. I am going to drink more water and work even harder on my bike tonight

I had a chocolate penguin :sigh:

Can't get to gym today so I might run up and down stairs a few times.

Not eaten yet today so I'd better have some muller light before I'm tempted by something else.

Thanks sophs :)

One pound is a good step in the right direction - and I bet you feel a lot fitter. Keep motivating yourself to follow the plan and exercise and I am sure in a few months you will be staggered by the difference x x Well done on all your efforts

have a success express day today as it may give you a little boost.

1lb is better than staying the same or putting on..it's all in the right direction.

i don't exercise, but the one week i did make an effort and did 2.5 hours over the week i only lost 1.5lbs, so haven't bothered since. my consultant said that exercise helps with weight loss but ultimately it's what you eat that will determine how much you lose.

Ladies ladies, don't take your frustration out on the penguins! LOL

Seriously now, exercise can take a week to show up, so I am sure that it will show up next week and believe me, 1 lb off is better than 1 on, it might be slow and steady but slow and steady works and stays off much better than fast losses

Don't compare yourselves to others as we all lose weight differently! SW works and exercise is good for you, so keep with it ladies and you will end up slim at the end of it. You don't need to deprive yourself on sw so enjoy your syns, and look at it not as a diet but as a way of getting healthy.

xxx

totally agree, its a step in the right direction so dont get yourself down. sometimes our weight loss slows and then picks back up again, i have put on 2lbs already this week and i havent done anything differently, im sticking to the plan but i kow if i just keep sticking at it it will come off soon.

Thanks ladies :D

I went shopping with hubby and nipped into a cafe to feed baby. Hubby said get us whatever you want for lunch (expecting me to come back with lasagne and chips or something) Well actually I expected I would too - but I didn't. We had low fat, low cal chicken wraps instead, which were perhaps not brilliant but could have been a lot worse.

And then whilst shopping a went past the chocolate section thinking "If I fancy something I'm just having it." I got nothing :)

Then we nipped into Matalan and I tried some clothes on that just would not fit and I am now back to being determined to lose this weight.

Good for you for resisting. Im feeling a bit fed up too - I think its just that Im impatient! Keep going Kay - we'll get there xxx

Ladies ladies, don't take your frustration out on the penguins! LOL

Seriously now, exercise can take a week to show up, so I am sure that it will show up next week and believe me, 1 lb off is better than 1 on, it might be slow and steady but slow and steady works and stays off much better than fast losses

Don't compare yourselves to others as we all lose weight differently! SW works and exercise is good for you, so keep with it ladies and you will end up slim at the end of it. You don't need to deprive yourself on sw so enjoy your syns, and look at it not as a diet but as a way of getting healthy.

xxx

Completely agree - I hate exercising but I know that is because I am fat ..and it will get easier and at the end of the day it is my health that matters here ... yes I want to lose weight ..yes I want to get fit and YES i want to live and not die from being fat.

Stick with it .... you will feel so much better in the end and proud of yourself!

We all have down days... I have on week 2!!! ;-) I was talking to someone today who said excersising does NOT help you lose weight! Only eating less fatty stuff and more healthy! Are they bonkers??? Anyone heard that?

We all have down days... I have on week 2!!! ;-) I was talking to someone today who said excersising does NOT help you lose weight! Only eating less fatty stuff and more healthy! Are they bonkers??? Anyone heard that?

yes my consultant says it regularly - she says that exercise will boost your metabolism slightly, but it's what you eat the determines the weight loss.

she's lost 8 stone and kept it off and she's NEVER exercised...so i guess she's right in a way.

i will make more of an effort with exercise once i've shifted 3 stone...at the moment i just do the odd bit here and there, but i will need to tone and want to be healthy when i start to shift the weight.

Awww girls - thanx so much :D

I didn't go to the gym today and I've run around the house like a she-devil, cleaning. I think I had lots of energy to burn off LOL.

But seriously I feel great now. Really energetic and healthy.

I'm doing the gym mainly to get fit rather than lose weight. At the mo I can't get up the hill to school without puffing and panting!

Back