Feeling down

Shazpaz

I remember reading posts from Tracy and Harriet who both felt a bit down after LT. I don't know why, but I'm feeling really fed up....but I also feel fat!! I seemed to be happier when I had weight on me (even though I was desperate to lose the weight), I wasn't obsessed with it all...and I am now.

I'm not sure there is ever a weight I'd be happy at so its not a case of losing more, its about being happy in my skin. I'm not fat, so why do I feel it? Its all very odd.

Yeah Shaz hun i know exactly where you are coming from! Do you think overweight people just have this built in feeling in them? Im starting to think they do! Dont get me wrong i feel great most days but some i feel awful and fat and like you said..i know im not! Maybe we are just never happy with our bodies hun i know im not, i never have been ever, even at 10 stone and 20 years old! Looking back i looked great but felt fat!!

Thing is Shaz we have done amizingly well and i think we just expect that that should make all of our hang ups go away but maybe it doesnt work like that! Ive felt fat the last few days as under the weather with TOTM and a cold. To help ive done loads of exercises esp crunches and today i feel nice and toned..it does help!

You really look great honey and have done sooo well, cheer up babe and think of your hol!! xxxxxx

P.s sorry about the bloody essay lol xx

it Physcological sp? Even though you are now very slim....in your head you are a fat person, you still crave the foods that helped you feel good its all about retraining your mind as well as your body! Exercise helps as it makes you feel good and gives the same feeling of happiness as chocolate used to! ...the world sees you as a slim person ( and people will envy you), but you know you still have a long journey ahead maintaining and 'yes' it will be hard work but, eventually you will see your self as slim. You will eventually lose your obsession wtih weight...and it sometimes changes to an obsession with exercise...but that can only be good for you?!
Hope that made sense!
I used to be very naturally slim and never thought about my weight..exercised quiet alot because i enjoyed it and i am hope i will eventually be able to get back to that as i wasn't happy from word go of putting weight on

Shaz, re-read your post about the Bahamas, that'll cheer you right up.
By the way, you are looking fab, so try not to be down.

Love

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the replies. I was really down Friday and Saturday. I thought I'd gained 3lbs and was soooooooo fed up. I'm back on carbs now (just things like Ryvita and Weight Watchers meals), so probably gained glycogen, but today the 3lbs has gone.
I think Nic you are right in that I know my journey is a long journey...for life, but I'm not going to ever gain the weight again.
Thanks Tracy...I think we are peas in a pod. Hope you are feeling better hun.
Barb...I've tried on a couple of little black dresses this morning and feel fab in them.....perfect for the cruise (notice I say black though...still feel better in black!!) I know I'm terribly lucky and people who have still got the weight to lose may think I'm being silly.

Thanks guys.

Its not about being silly though is it? It's about our state of mind. I can feel brilliantly happy at this weight or any weight, I can also feel desperately down. I think it is natural to have these swings; not fun but normal!

hope you feel cheerier soon hun xx

Thanks hun. I feel a lot better now that 3lbs shifted. I'm going to try and stop allowing the scales to dictate my mood. NOT GOOD!! I tried some 'skinny' clothes on today and felt ok in them so things are on the up. Fattothin has just made me laugh out loud so I'm feeling in a great mood at the moment.

Glad youre feeling better Shaz! xxx

glad to hear you are feeling better hun. You are looking great and should be feeling great too. Be proud of yourself. I think its just the end of the journey and thats why its emotional. xx

it Physcological sp? Even though you are now very slim....in your head you are a fat person, you still crave the foods that helped you feel good its all about retraining your mind as well as your body! Exercise helps as it makes you feel good and gives the same feeling of happiness as chocolate used to! ...the world sees you as a slim person ( and people will envy you), but you know you still have a long journey ahead maintaining and 'yes' it will be hard work but, eventually you will see your self as slim. You will eventually lose your obsession wtih weight...and it sometimes changes to an obsession with exercise...but that can only be good for you?!

Exactly what I was thinking. I've had people ( who have only met the thin me) say in conversations that I wouldn't understand being fat!! So I tell them that up to the 7th Jan this year I weighed almost 13st. Gobsmacked is the word, the look on their faces says it, 'but there isn't a pick on you' 'no cos I've worked bloody hard to lose it' I've even logged onto this site to show my before picture because they don't believe me.
I think as long as we remain thinner then we will slowly come to realise that we are no longer the big size we were, but now the slimmer person who you see in the shop windows out the corner of your eye; I still can't believe thats me, but she looks darn good. We should all be sooo proud of ourselves for getting this far, and to still find answers to questions from supportive people on this site, I think is more important now than ever.

Wow.... I thought i was going mad. So its totally normal to feel this bad about urself. Im in the horrors, shouting at the kids, fighting with my husband and im only off the diet 4 days. I dont feel in control any more and i feel so fat even though ive lost almost 4 stone and havn't been this weight in 8 years.
Cheer up your weight loss was brill and im going to take my own advice

Week 1 -12 15st 4lb
Week 2 - 6 14st 12lb
Week 3 - 7 14st 4lb
Week 4 - 7 13st 12lb
Week 5 - 4 13st 8lb
Week 6 - 6 13st 2lb
Week 7 -5 12st 12lb
Week 8 -4 12st 7lbs
Week 9 -3 12st 4lbs (refeed)

It's so scary, the thought of coming off LT!
Maybe it's not having your ketones anymore. Apparently ketones act as a antidepressive.
But I have been emotional since I started LT, literally spontaneously bursting into tears. I looked at the Bonne Maman ad at the back of Good Food this month and it said "Moments to cherish" and suddenly I was crying. Oh great, now I've started off again. I think LT has changed my hormones!

Guen

ya feeling better shaz?

Back