Feeling... Meh.

Paula79

Really fed up of being the fat one. I've never in my life been slim, but I used to feel somewhat happy & confident. Have totally lost motivation - For anything and everything. I work 7 hour days constantly on my feet, occasionally do the walk rather than bus home (approx 4 miles) but when I get home I ache all over & just flop onto the sofa which leads to a major guilt trip courtesy of bf telling me I'm lazy.... And most likely the fact I am :/
I know this is only day one but already I'm feeling jittery on noticing my current goal weight is most peoples starting weight.
Sorry for the rant....

Hey Paula!

I've been where you are.... I used to weight 21st2lb at my heaviest.... I'm back up to 17st at the moment... it's a constant battle!
I know what it's like to look at the long way off goal and feel that you will never get there.. I find it's much easier to look at the baby steps.
Concentrate on the small things. Like eating clean TODAY.... Walking home Today..... aiming to lose 2/3lb this week (I'm not sure which plan you're on so I don't know what's reasonable)
Aiming for 5% loss in the next 6 weeks.
By breaking it down into bite sized chunks you can work towards your bigger goal without having it constantly staring at you....

My tracker says I want to lose 11kg... because that's all I can manage to think about at one time. My exercise goal is just to go to the gym at the moment, because asking anything more of myself would seem unattainable.
you must learn to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run.

Ignore those who will fill your life with negativity and surround yourself with people who will encourage and support you....

I hope that this has helped a little bit

Thanks alipally. Not yet following a diet as such. I can't decide although it seems a lot of people have success with SW. Might give it a go. At the moment I'm just trying to cut the fizzy drinks and curb the carbs a bit. I do have a pretty big goal but feel I failed in the past partly because I try to change too much at the same time. ie, quitting smoking on top of dieting.
I'll keep my ciggies for now, at least until I see some real results.

Hello! Your goal weight definitely isn't the starting weight of most people in this section, lol, so don't worry on that count! In fact your goal weight is the same as mine!! And my start weight was higher at 21.5 stone. You're definitely in the right place, this forum is great for motivation and support, so keep posting, join in challenges etc. Have you tried My Fitness Pal? That's been a real help to me too, for planning and monitoring what I eat. Good luck, you can definitely do it! :) xx

Really fed up of being the fat one. I've never in my life been slim, but I used to feel somewhat happy & confident. Have totally lost motivation - For anything and everything. I work 7 hour days constantly on my feet, occasionally do the walk rather than bus home (approx 4 miles) but when I get home I ache all over & just flop onto the sofa which leads to a major guilt trip courtesy of bf telling me I'm lazy.... And most likely the fact I am :/
I know this is only day one but already I'm feeling jittery on noticing my current goal weight is most peoples starting weight.
Sorry for the rant....

My goal weight is your start weight well for my intrim goal and my over all goal is about 14 stone. Pick your self up, I was 28 st 8lbs 3 weeks ago and I can honestly say I feel better already in all aspects of my life I was feeling very low b4. Very quickly I have felt better with more energy xx

I started at 22 stone 10 and currently 19 stone 10... It's been a really long journey and even a longer road ahead... But this time I'm gonna get there. With sweat blood and tears!

Hi Paula.Dont apologise for saying how you feel. Sometimes you just gotta let it out. But your certainly not on your own.
My start weight was 21.7
I got down to 14.7 and im now back to 15.13 :-/
Was hoping to get to 12 stone for october needless to say thats not going to happen now. But you know what I don't mind because I'm already so happy with what iv achieved and as long as it starts coming off again il still be happy.
As will you. You'll figure out what plan is best for you and you'll get to where you want to be as long ad you beleive In yourself.
Take care
X

hi paula

welcome to the forum love everyone here understands wot you are going through good luck on your journey you will drop off and get back on we have all done that but this forum will help you 100% x x x

Thanks all for your replies, and sorry for not being about to reply sooner. In honesty, the weight I had put in when I joined was my last known weight (my partners son had broken our scales and hadn't weighed myself for a little while) and so I bought some and saw I was more than I thought and felt mortified.... But in the ten days since I bought them I've managed to shift 7lb! Finally, it's going in the right direction, but thinking if I manage to escape work early enough on Weds I will go to a local SW meeting in the hope it spurs me on, if anything it's a couple of £ less I can spend on food lol.

Still not yet following a diet as such, just making sure in the morning I eat a banana or yoghurt instead of skipping then at lunch instead of going for the sandwiches with the carbs, sauces etc, or worse, the staff canteen, I will get a portion of chicken wings (I work in supermarkets with the oven cooked deli counter) or salad and houmous. Also been taking an evening primrose oil and vitamin B complex tab a day to see if they'll help me with hormones. Dunno if it's these or just a coincidence, but my appetite has been curbed! Not had any random hunger pangs for a few days, if anything I'm having to force myself to eat.

hi paula
i always say if it works for you keep doing it hun i need one that tells me i do not like white anymore lololol
saying that i only go out on a Friday now so im not going to curb that its when i see all my friends xx

Totally. And you have to enjoy yourself along the way else what's the point?

I know this Sunday I'm quite possibly gonna completely destroy any chance of a repeat performance this week coming as it's a work night out, but they are so extremely rare. But I guess as long as I'm up dancing I can work at least some of it off lol.

Totally. And you have to enjoy yourself along the way else what's the point?

I know this Sunday I'm quite possibly gonna completely destroy any chance of a repeat performance this week coming as it's a work night out, but they are so extremely rare. But I guess as long as I'm up dancing I can work at least some of it off lol.
Hey we all have one offs :) I am the same height as you and was 22st7lbs when I started so like you and others I know what it is like when there is more to lose. You have taken the steps to do it that's the hard part. I hadn't weighed myself in ages either when I first started then I had a surgery and had to be weighed. I was mortified as well. Apart from the hospital nobody knew my true weight, it was this place I started facing up to it and telling the truth. Depression is a big part of it and I know it was why I ate so much. So good on you :)

Back