Feeling really low and fed up

fitnessqueen1

Hi
I need some support. I am on week 13 of LL total, I've been completely abstinent from day one (unlike everyone else in my group). I've worked out that to get to my target I will need to do another 5-6 weeks depending on weight loss. I just don't think I've got it in me. I'll definitely finish foundation but I'm not sure how much more I can do after that (and I'm feeling really fat today which is crazy as I've lost 3 and a half stone). I'm worrying about everything to do with diet/weight/size. I'm on milk week and I'm worried that I won't lose weight as a result but want to do it as it's recommended. How I'm feeling could be connected to hormones of course but I don't want to sabotage myself. How do I give myself a boost to continue?
Thanks for any advice
Yx

I think most people feel this way coming to the end of foundation. I know i did. I recommend you look at photos of yourself before and now. I also was the only one in my group staying abstinent and was therefore the only one who did milk week. I was away during milk week so missed two weigh in but had lost 11lbs at the 3rd weigh in so you can still lose weight. I know 5 or 6 weeks seems like a long time but look how long foundation looked at the start. If you had a friend due a baby or getting married in 5 weeks you'd be telling them the time will whizz by and it will. You've done brilliantly just stick at it a little longer and do a thought record about how your group not been abstinent and how that makes you feel.

Well done on coming up to the end of foundation and loosing 52lbs. That truly is fantastic in such short time.

I am only now going in to week 8 and I can say I have these thouhgts like I am not even half way....but then again I think jeeez I have lost nearly 2.5 stone in that time I am half way there.

Another 6 weeks, of course you have it in you, think about why you started and what your targets where when you started. Remember the enthusiasm you had and what you dreamed you would do, well surely those dreams are coming true. I can not believe how everything I had hoped for is coming true there or there abouts and I want it to continue....surely you are the same.

Think how you will feel in 6 weeks. Just another 1.5 stone....the biggy will be also that once that is gone, all this hard work, or the pain and heartache will be gone and you will tell yourself you never want to do this again and you will not slip in to your old routine, because that would mean having to think about weight and diets again, and how much those 20 odd weeks in 2010 were a complete waste of time.

Surely you are doing LL for yourself and to become healthier. Surely you feel better and look better. What is another few weeks.

You have done fantastically well, and I am sure there are lots of wannebe Lighterlifers lurking around theses forums gauging whether they should do it or not, and I bet some will be thinking "wow I can not believe fq1 has lost 52lbs in foundation. I could never do that". You must have been inspired to do lighterlife and you are now inspiring others.

I had a weak feeling last night when my other half asked me to pop out at HT during the football to get her a burger king, I thought sod I will to, especially as we had a BOGOF voucher....I didnt because I am so pleased at how well I have done over these few weeks, and how when I would come on this board this morning and see people like you who through LL have lost soooooooooooooo much weight and done soooooo very well, that I could emmulate and do the same. You inspire me to make it for another few weeks to be where you are.

I know you will think "what does he know its a novelty and he's still enthusiastic, he'll feel like this soon". possibly, but I will look at my posts on here look at my weight loss diet and the spreadsheets I have made myself and think of all the success others have had that I read about on here, and how it will all be worth it.

Also on a practical hard nosed side. You have probably spent nearly a grand on this so far....surely you wouldnt want to think that was a waste

Dont give in. You can do it. You will regret it if you do quit, but more over you will not get to fell the joy of achievement and being happy with yourself and your weight.

Thank you for coming on here and giving me another success story. 52lbs in 13 weeks.....OMG that is fantastic over 3.5 stone, you must look and feel so much better and happier with yourself...not long.

Milk week I have heard can be demoralising, but its one week. If you average your losses over the entire time you have done LL, you should be amazed by the losses. No other weight management programme could do this. I bet people on slimming world and weight watchers would kill for the losses we get.

wonderful work to date, keep it up and keep posting.

FQ1 you can do it! I am just about to start into week two and to know that you have lost so much weight is amazing. I know I will have to do longer than 14 weeks too. But I also know that no matter how crappy it gets it will be worth it.

Sure, sure it's all talk but FB is so right, there are people lurking around on here wondering about LL. I hade been one of those people for a year before I could afford to do this.

For me just know that there are people like you out there that have done so well and stayed abstinent is a real inspiration.

Keep going!!!

Keep it up, refocus on why you chose to do this in the first place. You have been really strong and have been 100%, that is amazing and you know what, you can keep that up for a few weeks yet.
I started abstinence last July and remained 100% till March of this year. It can be done! See it through gorgeous, you'll be so glad you did.

xxxx

Thank you Sandrat, Flexible Fish, Lind and Peony for your support and wise words have made me feel much better - I've never been on a forum with such supportive people. Am refocused and looking forward to the end result - which I had lost sight of.
Yx

Last edited:
oh FQ1 you've done amazingly well - I've just got through my first day and feel totally inspired that it is possible to do 100 days abstinence without any lapses :) congratulations on your fabulous achievement!!

Thank you Laraa and AJB - the best advice I can give you is take it one day at a time - sometimes I could only take it one hour at a time and would count the hours until bedtime - you've taken the first step so well done Yx

Thank you Sandrat, Flexible Fish, Lind and Peony for your support and wise words have made me feel much better - I've never been on a forum with such supportive people. Am refocused and looking forward to the end result - which I had lost sight of.
Yx

It can be so easy to lose sight of the end, which really, is so very near. But this is one diet, if you do keep your eyes on the prize, you WILL get to the end. :)

Try and make apoint daily to "see" yourself at goal. It really does help. Picture in your mind, you at goal, in all sorts of situations, wearing all sorts of clothes you never imagined you could - really see yourself - and do that every day. Before you know it, that will be your reality.

Good luck - you are doing GREAT.

xx

Thank you to all my lovely forum members for helping me see the bigger picture - just been weighed and have lost 3lbs (milk week) thank you so much once again - I'm not generally a forum poster so I really really appreciate it.
Yxx

Peony, did I tell you that I love your new avatar?
Well, I do ! xx

Fitnessqueen, I could have just written your post practically word for word! I am in week 14 and for the 1st time in my journey I am struggling. I am trying to use all the tools I have learnt and so far, it seems to be working. Just wanted to say you're not alone, and you are doing so well!

Hi Charliefarlie, we'll get there - I know we will!
Yx

Back