Feeling really miserable. Day 18.

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I feel hopeless. It's day 18 and my TOTM and I want to eat everything in sight - still. Been like this since tuesday. Over the last 3 days I've picked at salad, veggies cooked in a tomato sauce and tonight bits of omlette. Always in the evenings. What is the matter with me? I've spoken to my CDC and she says that I shouldn't be hungry, which I wasn't for the first 2 weeks but now I'm hungry all the time. Feeling really miserable, for the first time this is becoming a struggle.
Can anyone offer advice, or help please? :break_diet:

me 2

Hi Bess

I can't offer any exact advice because I am eperiencing the same feelings.. I am usually quite a placid person but i have felt anger, sad and cried twice at work this week, I hit the bread bin at work and then felt worse.. this week the words just keep going havn't quite been enough.. drop me a line if you want to share some thoughts . . . X :wave_cry:

Hi Bess, I was told the same, that I shouldn't feel hungry after the 1st week, but I've had 2 bad days, around days 13 and 20, not even TOM!!!! those days, I must have drank 5 litres of water!!!! and it's normal to feel hungry on TOM, so hopefully the hunger will disappear soon... but keep going, you've done so great in 2 weeks, it's so worth it!!!

Hi Bess

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I'm quite new to all of this and certainly no expert, but what about trying to drink more water, perhaps try sparkling water for a change of taste?? I don't know your lifestyle, but perhaps you could go to bed early with a couple of bottles of water to sip whilst watching TV in bed. I know I get so warm and comfy (with the help of a hot water bottle) that I can't be bothered to go downstairs in the dark and cold to the kitchen. Also, my lovely CDC said to be good to myself when I started and if I felt like I needed an extra pack, go for it. She also said to eat cucumber if I get desperate. Worth a try??

Just a thought, but I hope you are feeling better soon. You have done so, so well - amazing weight loss in such a short time.

Take care

Lisa x

Oh Sarah and Food Lover, thankyou for replying. I don't understand why it's got so hard, I thought that being in ketosis meant that you aren't hungry. I haven't eaten any carbs. so I think I still must be.
I'll have to see what happens at my 3rd weigh in on Monday evening. The first two weeks were really easy and I felt so motivated, but this week even tho' I've lost quite a lot of weight I still feel there's so far to go, perhaps it really is a totm thing? Serves me right for thinking this was all plain sailing!
I shall keep going, and try to stay 100%. I don't want any of the cakes I make, not even a little dip in the mixture - but savoury stuff, that's a different matter. I also think I miss the feeling of being 'full,' even though I didn't much like that. Oddly enough I don't miss alcohol at all and I thought I would. Most nights we open a bottle of wine - they still do....and I loved a whisky later on. Tea with lemon is the thing I really do miss, I can't find a hot drink that I do like and I think I must have tried everything going. Sorry to be such a grump. I hope that you feel better soon Sarah Lou, it's good that we can support each other on this site. I don't want to make much of the diet at home, they are all very kind but don't understand how I'm feeling.

Thanks Soel, just read your reply, really appreciate the support.

Bess, I think the first couple of weeks we're high on adrenaline, the weight is dropping and we feel great, now that we're used to this, we feel sorry for ourselves cause we can't eat... but it will go away, I've nearly finished my 4th week and it's so much better than the last one, so keep going and you WILL feel better. I'm the same, I was a sweet tooth, but now all I crave is meat and vegetables :confused::confused::confused:... I hope it will be the same when I'll be allowed food again :p:p.
:553:

I'm on my 9th week and still have the odd wobbly day when I feel thoroughly sorry for myself and get all emotional, but these days WILL become less and less frequent. It is so worth it though :)

Hello, I am on day 18 too and have had some down days. I think week 3 is pretty tough cos like others have said, you're past the high of the first two weeks and the reality of having to keep going can be a bit of a come down. This diet is an emotional rollercoaster!!

If you're struggling for a hot drink, have you tried the water flavourings? I have a really small amount of the summer berry in hot water and its like hot blackcurrent. It's a nice change from black tea and coffee for me anyway- depends what you like really.

Keep your chin up hun, it'll be worth it! x

Thankyou all.
I do feel better today and have been ok. Frantically busy and only just had time to sit down and read e.mails etc. And still have my third meal to eat, think it will be porridge, plain with nutmeg.
I really appreciate the support, I'll alter my signature on Monday evening after weigh in when I see what it is. Fingers crossed!
You have all helped me so much, thankyou. :flowers:

Back