Feeling sensitive about your weight?

Must admit I still have a way to go but when I spoke to an ex a week or two ago (we're really good friends) he commented on how I'd lost from my face and my arms and such, I suddenly started to cry. I don't know if it was because I was thinking, "Was I really so big before?" or if it was just a little realisation that I need to adjust to. Before the weight loss I never imagined losing weight and getting into smaller clothes to be a sad thing but it's really scary and inside it freaks me out, losing the security of weight problems means facing my other fears.

I dont mind to be honest. After 22 years of insults and jibes, complements are a welcome change :)

The only thing is, my weight has sort of become a free for all topic. i hate being the centre of attention and when people pay me compliments or single me out saying how they dont recognise me or something, it's nice, but I sometimes don't know what to say. I just kind of mumble a thanks and blush. But like I said, positive reinforcement is nice. Enjoy it!

xx

I find it very difficult to accept a compliment. After so long of being bullied at school and having no confidence, to actually receive a compliment makes me feel uncomfortable. Yes, its nice to be told how much weight I have lost, but I always reply with a negative compliment back...like "I've still got a long way to go yet" etc.
My MIL (although we havent always seen eye to eye), is really proud of my weight loss and shares it with everyone that will care to listen! She has even given me loads of clothes and takes me shopping to share the pride!

I am impossible at taking compliments - I just put a post on here about photos for motivation and some people have complimented me and ive brushed them all off cos i just cant DO it!!!
I am by far the largest of all my friends and cant wait til people SEE the weight ive lost x

I'm getting a lot of comments about not needing to lose any more weight. I've still got a fair way to go until my target, which is where I will feel personally comfortable in my skin. The problem is that these comments are putting doubt in my mind as to whether I NEED to lose any more. I end up cheating the plan because they're in the back of my mind.

I need to say thank you but ignore them and get back on the plan!

I'm getting a lot of comments about not needing to lose any more weight. I've still got a fair way to go until my target, which is where I will feel personally comfortable in my skin. The problem is that these comments are putting doubt in my mind as to whether I NEED to lose any more. I end up cheating the plan because they're in the back of my mind.

I need to say thank you but ignore them and get back on the plan!

People want to make you feel proud of your achievement and maybe envy you so they subconsciously put you off making yourself even more slender. Truth is we all know being a little lower than target gives us that safety net of a few lbs.

Alwyn, you have done so well. I looked at your weight stats and you have lost fantastically.

You are 5'.6" (lucky you , I always wanted to be at least that ) and now weigh 146lbs. That does sound pretty damned good.

Your friends probably see an elegant looking lady who doesn't appear to need to lose anymore weight. Take it as a compliment.

Your ideal weight is the weight you are happiest at, within reason. I think too thin looks worse than too fat. Neither are good but stick insects make me cringe.

skinny-woman.jpg

I think this is horrid and I think most men would too.
5566.jpg

Give me Nigella any day. Now there is a girl who knows how to enhoy her food.

oh nigella - great wabs too!

Yep, wish I'd managed to keep my wabs!! First thing to go!

Fillymum, I don't think I'd EVER want to look like a catwalk model!!! I agree, they actually look horrible because they have nothing on them! I only want to get down to 9st!!

My wabs are well past their best after 3 lots of breastfeeding :(

Back